User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stratified MazdaSpeed / Mazda MPS S-OTS+ Tune

Default Stratified MazdaSpeed / Mazda MPS S-OTS+ Tune

Hi All,

So I'm currently waiting for my some parts to arrive and be installed next week then on to Stage 2 tune =D

I have been talking with @Rayd to do an e-tune, however this won't be happening until after winter once I get a few other things sorted on the car.

Now I would obviously have to do a MAF Cal for the 3" HTP Intake to work properly on my car - MAF calibrations for bigger intakes - Mazdaspeed Forums

After doing more reading i found this - Stratified MazdaSpeed / Mazda MPS S-OTS+ Tune [Stratified Mazda S-OTS+ Tune] - $40.00CAD : Stratified Automotive Controls

Was thinking of running this as an interim solution until I get a proper e-tune

Has anyone taken advantage of this...the $40 seems like a good investment for now and they would be able to do the MAF cal, plus I'm assuming it would be better than Cobb's OTS Stage 2?

Also am I right in saying that US 93 is equivalent to our 98??

Any input would be great...cheers!
    2006 Mazda 3 MPS Sports - True Red

COBB Accessport V3 - HTP 3" Intake - HDI GT2 FMIC - Autotech HPFP Internals - Denso ITV22 - Ultimate Racing Test Pipe - Rear Muffler Delete
    JBR 88a REM - TWM Short Shifter

I'll be able to tell you on Sunday

There was a GB on MSF recently for a htp 3" + one of these maps, I took advantage of it.

Going back to stock turbo this weekend, and flashing a "stage 2" map

They send you a word document, you fill in your mods, and they'll send you a map based on that, no revisions tho.

Freek tune offers a similar one, but you get a single revision with him
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 05-06-2014 at 03:56 PM.
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Awesome...cheers Sam!! Eagerly awaiting your results now hehehe

Might look into the FREEKTUNE option if it includes 1 revision - get me familiar with this whole data logging business

And yes, they're a big step up over a standard ots map...

They have load logic in them, as well as better throttle and shift tables
    There's a post on MSF about it all

Sweet...will check it out tonight!

Tapatorque steering

car isnt quite right, suspect boost leak, but boost isn't building very high
    can hear something when i get onto it, gotta look into that atm...

but, first impressions, it's a damn good map! 2 main things i've noticed is power delivery and shift smoothness, so much nicer!

Richtune also has OTS+ maps, that also includes one revision which could net some decent gains over a straight up OTS: OTS-R1 Map |

8. Default

yep Aus 98 RON = 93-94 AKI Octane
    The S OTS $40 can be then put towards their custom tune, although price still costs more than RAYD

Hmmm....might give Stratified a go for this. Perhaps a comparison of logs between the different OTS+ maps could be handy for others in the future?!?

Tapatorque steering

Quote Originally Posted by TRBLSM View Post
    Hmmm....might give Stratified a go for this. Perhaps a comparison of logs between the different OTS+ maps could be handy for others in the future?!?

Tapatorque steering
    I have a stage 1 and stage 2 map
    Also, there is people posting results on MSF under Stratified's forum section
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

11. Default

Email both tuners and have a yarn.

I ran stage 1 Cobb OTS with intake, and then spent $40 on the S OTS to not really likeing how linear the S OTS map was. Car was butt dyno probably the same, however i enjoy the ham fistery of the COBB Ots vs the somewhat boring? linearity of the S OTS.

Again, you cant compare stage 1 with stage 2 ots or a custom tune, thats just Stage 1 experience that ive had with my Gen2.

Quote Originally Posted by creole View Post
    Email both tuners and have a yarn.

I ran stage 1 Cobb OTS with intake, and then spent $40 on the S OTS to not really likeing how linear the S OTS map was. Car was butt dyno probably the same, however i enjoy the ham fistery of the COBB Ots vs the somewhat boring? linearity of the S OTS.

Again, you cant compare stage 1 with stage 2 ots or a custom tune, thats just Stage 1 experience that ive had with my Gen2.
    i have a "stage 2" S-OTS, and i prefer it to the cobb maps
    find it much smoother and nicer to drive...

Sounds weird, but this is the first time my gearshifts haven't felt massively jerky since I bought the car
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 12-06-2014 at 08:17 AM.

You get that boost leak sorted yet @SarcasticOne

PS i think u gave me the flu via Chatbox yesterday lol

Tapatorque steering

Quote Originally Posted by TRBLSM View Post
    You get that boost leak sorted yet @SarcasticOne

PS i think u gave me the flu via Chatbox yesterday lol

Tapatorque steering
    Yeah, all sorted, car runs awesome at the moment...
    Gear changes have become smooth, and power delivery is nice
    For a cheap basic tune, it is actually pretty bang on...
    Although, my ltft's for the first part of MAF cal are off, the rest are with in +/-5%, otherwise, no issues. And bang on at WOT.

I'm sure the car could be faster/etc with a better tune, but for a simple plug n play, this has worked well!

I just purchased an OTS+ tune for my Gen2 having just installed the HTP 3" intake. Also running the Autotech HPFP internals so I'll let you know how it goes should receive it within a couple of days

Hey @SarcasticOne, if you don't mind me asking, how did you get your boost leak sorted? Did you do it yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by GoonBong View Post
    Hey @SarcasticOne, if you don't mind me asking, how did you get your boost leak sorted? Did you do it yourself?
    I could hear a noise that I knew wasn't right when above 50% throttle... There was induction noise, then there was a second noise coming from a different area...

Checked all hoses and clamps, found a loose connection, reinstalled everything, done!

Awesome man, sounds like excellent bang for buck!! Post a log whenever you can
    @190MPS good luck with it mate....Stage 2 I'm assuming??

Tapatorque steering

Na mate, just stage 1. Still have stock DP and TMIC. Flashed the new tune yesterday and loving it, car drives smoother and like @SarcasticOne said the gear changes seem smoother. I have however had a CEL come up today saying fuel system too rich - took a MAF cal log and my LTFT are hovering between -8.5 and -12.5. SarcasticOne, with my limited knowledge of tuning, do you think this has something to do with fuel we have over here? I know they ask if we use 91 or 93 Oct and the map given to me is based on 93. I'm currently using BP98 so is this why the ecu is pulling fuel? do you recommend me trying a tank of 95 and reflashing the same map to see what happens?

Quote Originally Posted by 190MPS View Post
    Na mate, just stage 1. Still have stock DP and TMIC. Flashed the new tune yesterday and loving it, car drives smoother and like @SarcasticOne said the gear changes seem smoother. I have however had a CEL come up today saying fuel system too rich - took a MAF cal log and my LTFT are hovering between -8.5 and -12.5. SarcasticOne, with my limited knowledge of tuning, do you think this has something to do with fuel we have over here? I know they ask if we use 91 or 93 Oct and the map given to me is based on 93. I'm currently using BP98 so is this why the ecu is pulling fuel? do you recommend me trying a tank of 95 and reflashing the same map to see what happens?
    I'm running a stage 2 S-OTS+ tune with stock DP and TMIC. I questioned why and they (Stratified) said my car flows well enough for a stage 2 tune just from a 3" intake and HPFP internals.
    So far so good.
    2009 Aluminium Gen II MPS Luxury
    COBB AP v3 FREEKTUNED | HTP 3" Intake | AT HPFP Internals | DM RMM | DM PMM | Koni FSD | TS Kompact BPV | CS FTSB | JBR SSP | JBR SSB | RA Mudflaps
    Pending:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast