User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Stratified Tune

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    Turn that TC switch off when logging, you would be amazed how it can affect logs for no reason, it's sniffing to cut power.
    Yeah, might take that on board for the next runs, thanks!..to date it hasn't been an issue because the car hasn't been pushed beyond it's limits until i found this road a couple of days ago. Would be curious to know how much of an effect it actually has...so before i load the next map i might run again without it on ... Pete @slixx did you perform you logs with traction control off or on?
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    Wow. I love it
    Map after map after map

I had to contend with bad weather, timing, weekends & work + had to get my car fixed

No wonder mine took 66days!!
    Yeah, decided it was time to push the tuning process along a bit...i've been busy also, mixed with bad weather and poor judgement with road choice for runs had me chasing my tail a bit...gettin' on with it now though & can't wait everyday to see a new map in my email
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialSpool View Post
    Yeah, might take that on board for the next runs, thanks!..to date it hasn't been an issue because the car hasn't been pushed beyond it's limits until i found this road a couple of days ago. Would be curious to know how much of an effect it actually has...so before i load the next map i might run again without it on ... Pete @slixx did you perform you logs with traction control off or on?
    TC off. Never ran it with it on.
    Was never advise either way, but heard somewhere you should take it off

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

So kinda gettin' on with it at the moment ..3rd night in a row. Revision 5. As per Mike's comments...boost has been dialed back now, only just going over 20psi. I think the sweet spot would be 20.5 - 21psi. With the slightly lowered boost came a slightly slower 60-100 time (another reason may have been that the car came off power for a split second when she launched a little high on an undulation in the road which activated the T/C ) . Car feels strong though in 3rd and 4th with power seemingly on tap...Small issue with AFRs but i think this is Mike testing the water a bit...Bring on number 6!

Attachment 14952

Attachment 14953
    Awesome
    So your getting the TC to go off during a WOT and your almost as fast as my 60-100mph time
    Very impressed

Everything is settled and running within the limits now, so you should be happy
    Knock is incidental
    AFRs look at little low in your 3rd gear log (9.5). This is very rich and should be leaned out unless it has to do with the TC. Seem to dip a little in the middle, rpms seems smooth though
    Boost is peaking at 20~

Looking good Bob
    Pop your 4thgear into VD... makes the funniest pattern hahaha
    Last edited by slixx; 22-08-2013 at 11:25 AM.

Currently RaydTuned

Awesome
    So your getting the TC to go off during a WOT and your almost as fast as my 60-100mph time
    Very impressed

Everything is settled and running within the limits now, so you should be happy
    Knock is incidental
    AFRs look at little low in your 3rd gear log (9.5). Seem to dip a little in the middle (is that TC as well??)
    Boost is peaking at 20~

Looking good Bob
    Pop your 4thgear into VD... makes the funniest pattern hahaha
    Yeah mate, was a hairy moment when she launched ....Am keen to switch the DSC off and go for another run, to see if this has any effect...I see my top speed is the same as yours at the same RPM in 4th (around 6200) so we're a good match atm. Funny thing about VD. I wanted to load this up last night but the AP basically said that the feature was not available for my model car..very strange because I tinkered with this a little a few weeks ago and it was working fine...I just finished a firmware update so i'm wondering if this had something to do with it...might need to get in touch with Cobb find out what's happening...

Go to
    http://www.virtualdyno.net/

Download the software and install

Profle/Add Profile

Click the tiny white rectangle next to New Profile and Type a custom name
    Select you car
    Gear
    Press Blue button next to Tyre Ht and selct your typre size
    Car Weight is auto
    Put your approx weight in Occ. Weight
    and enter Car year
    !!SAVE PROFILE!!

File/Options

Graph
    Everything ticked except Show Data Points & Show Confirm Close Message
    Line Thickness 2.50

Dyno
    Tick custom and type 1.01
    Smoothing factor 3
    Power - kW
    Torque - Nm
    Boost - Convert to PSI
    Default Profile (click the profile you just made)
    !!SAVE!!

Load up your csv file from Cobb in File/Load Runs
    If you do a 3rd gear run, don't forget to change the gear once its loaded on the left hand side

Currently RaydTuned

Thanks a bucketload man, I was no chance of figuring that out . Will give this a crack when I get home tonight

Thanks a bucketload man, I was no chance of figuring that out . Will give this a crack when I get home tonight

The VD on the Cobb I have never used and I tried to select when i got my V3, but it said it wasn't supported

Once you get the parameters right, its a good tool to compare map to map to map

Currently RaydTuned

So response from Mike after submitting last night's logs...

So, regarding your tune, we are going to (possibly) take a step backwards with this iteration as it relates to boost. While the last map did get your boost down, it would be at the expense of consistency in various temperatures. For that reason I am going to try to force the ECU to do what I want when it comes to boost. So for this iteration you may see boost go back up if I haven't pulled enough WGDC; it may take me a couple of iterations to get it dialed in. It is unlikely that you will overboost, but if you do the ECU will enforce a fuel cut which you will recognize because it is very harsh. If that happens, stop logging and send the partial log. Alternately if you can monitor the AP safely while logging, watch boost and if it exceeds 22psi, just stop logging and send me the partial so I can adjust. As I said, it is unlikely this will occur, just wanted to give you the protocol on the off chance that it does.

If you are feeling a bit queasy now after that explanation, never fear; I've hit fuel cut in my own car (from exceeding max load) several times while experimenting and it is no worse for wear. The ECU has this protection in place so that nothing devastating will happen.

Mike Neary
    Calibration Engineer

Logs performed tonight on latest iteration...DSC off this time

3rdGearWOT7.csv

4thGearWOT7.csv

Timing permitting i'll download VD tonight and have a go at loading these logs...

UPDATE:

Don't think its really accurate but i followed Pete's bouncing ball (thanks mate). This is the 3rd Gear WOT tonight on the current map. Would be cool if someone with some more experience then me could try loading the same log, just to make sure i've not missed something obvious

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3rdGearRev.7.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	14958
    Last edited by LRRH; 22-08-2013 at 08:43 PM.

What did you put as occ weight?

12. Default

I am ecuteck tuned yet i have the same problem as you no matter what is done to the waste gate duty cycle the boost just wants to stay around 20 - 22lb, i think i read some where Alex (stratified) has encountered this and is because of the shitty factory electronic boost control solenoid, some of them won't play nice and do what it's told, you may need to get a Cobb 3 port solenoid.

good numbers

WARNING *noob question* - is it cutting power because of the stock sized MAF limitations?
    Last edited by DAN MPS 3; 22-08-2013 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    I am ecuteck tuned yet i have the same problem as you no matter what is done to the waste gate duty cycle the boost just wants to stay around 20 - 22lb, i think i read some where Alex (stratified) has encountered this and is because of the shitty factory electronic boost control solenoid, some of them won't play nice and do what it's told, you may need to get a Cobb 3 port solenoid.
    Good feedback, thanks mate. I think Mike may have similar knowledge on this topic...will wait to receive he's feedback as well

What did you put as occ weight?
    uummm my weight, assuming you're meaning how much i personally weigh, around 75kgs

, glad I didn't scare you off. I figured you wouldn't have a problem, just wanted to advise you in case. Looks like a bit more adjusting is called for to pull boost down a tad more. Your VD plot makes it look like you might have gotten some wheel spin in the log and that is causing it to read high in both power and torque. BTW, I have never tuned a car from Oz before so I wasn't sure what your fuel was like but so far with Bob's tune it appears to be at least as good as most of the premium gas in the US based on the timing I am getting in the car. Still haven't hit KR threshold.

Quote Originally Posted by DAN MPS 3 View Post
    good numbers

WARNING *noob question* - is it cutting power because of the stock sized MAF limitations?
    Hey Dan, i'm not completely sure but @RacerMike might be able to give you a better explanation...

Quote Originally Posted by RacerMike View Post
    , glad I didn't scare you off. I figured you wouldn't have a problem, just wanted to advise you in case. Looks like a bit more adjusting is called for to pull boost down a tad more. Your VD plot makes it look like you might have gotten some wheel spin in the log and that is causing it to read high in both power and torque. BTW, I have never tuned a car from Oz before so I wasn't sure what your fuel was like but so far with Bob's tune it appears to be at least as good as most of the premium gas in the US based on the timing I am getting in the car. Still haven't hit KR threshold.

Hehehe...nah mate, got great confidence in you. Am realising the more i put into this the better the result so you'll get 100% out of me with the logging! Good feedback regarding the fuel as well..now bring on another map

@DAN MPS 3 I don't see it cutting power. Where are you looking?

OK I had a look too
    It did look like you got some wheelspin in 4th

Looking really good and an impressive 60-100mph time 6.04
    Everything seems to be within the parameters

The 4th gear log, does produce a weird VD simply because of the wheelspin, the 3rd is more consistent
    I am getting different numbers to you in VD, but I'm guessing it has some thing to do with the settings

----Edit----
    I fixed it.. got the same number as you
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by slixx; 22-08-2013 at 09:16 PM.

Currently RaydTuned

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast