User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SLIXX is getting Stratified!

Looking good Pete

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Once you start getting into the 5 second bracket you'll start giving a lot of cars a good fright

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

looking good mate, in the cobb help file they suggest zeroing out the wgdc to allow the turbo to just boost at actuator mechanical spring pressure, which is 7 - 10 psi, does this tuner use this strategy to reduce undue stress while doing several wot logs?Im just curious, id say if he was going to have you do it, it would have been when he had you calibrating your wot afr targets. Im starting to get a good handle on all this now, just taking small steps at a time and stressing the engine as little possible.

Quote Originally Posted by mymps11 View Post
    looking good mate, in the cobb help file they suggest zeroing out the wgdc to allow the turbo to just boost at actuator mechanical spring pressure, which is 7 - 10 psi, does this tuner use this strategy to reduce undue stress while doing several wot logs?Im just curious, id say if he was going to have you do it, it would have been when he had you calibrating your wot afr targets. Im starting to get a good handle on all this now, just taking small steps at a time and stressing the engine as little possible.
    That's only done at early stages to dial in the WGDC, the stage 2 maps have it already dialed in pretty much , however with upgraded turbos or 3 port EBCS it had to be redone completely

ah i see, should the wgdc be dialed in before the maf calibation for wot fueling?

ah i see, should the wgdc be dialed in before the maf calibation for wot fueling?
    Definitely not .
    1.maf
    2.wgdc
    3.timing
    (Generally)

Have no idea mate

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Got my 4th update on Friday
    Alex asked for me to do another set of logs

He has added a touch of timing and richened the AFRs to deal with the KR.

Will report logs once they are done

Peter "SLIXX"

Been looking into this tune, keen to see your'e results Slixx.

Have you been doing any Virtual Dyno runs Pete?

How does it feel?

PS - just noticed your user title !

Default SLIXX is getting Stratified!

Yeah they are all in this thread some where
    I'd did one in my OP with my real Dyno run

It's feeling much more response and boot loads of power

Peter "SLIXX"

I have updated the OP with all my results
    I will be listing all my 60-100mph time in 4th gear and have a corelating VD Graph

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/ecu-m...tml#post260895

Thanks

Tonite WOT logged my latest map from Stratified version 1.40
    Perfect night for it i might add 6degrees ambient temps and 8degrees intake

I performed 2x 4th gear WOT Logs and 2x 2-3-4 gear WOT Logs as requested
    AS per my OP my 60-100mph times came down slightly

Attached are my logs
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    Tonite WOT logged my latest map from Stratified version 1.40
    Perfect night for it i might add 6degrees ambient temps and 8degrees intake

I performed 2x 4th gear WOT Logs and 2x 2-3-4 gear WOT Logs as requested
    AS per my OP my 60-100mph times came down slightly

Attached are my logs
    Seems like your holding a lot of boost at red line, Ko4 must be working overtime .

Looks fine to me considering how cold it was, 18psi at redline is fine

This morning I received my 1.50 map from Stratified

Alex felt we had some more room for timing, but he wanted me to test this map with some heat
    My last logs were showing BATs of 55F (12.7C) which was obvisouly great, but he wanted to test this map out to see how it would react when the weather warms up a bit

He requested me to start with a normal 4th gear log
    Then he wanted me to heatsoak my vehicle until my BATs got to 120-130F (49-55C) and perform
    - A 4th Gear Log
    - A 2-3-4 Gear Log

I notice PSI spiked to 22psi, where the cooler log only got to 20.29PSI
    Also knock was all over the place

I'm very interested on his thoughts and anyone elses views on these latest logs

Currently RaydTuned

This morning I received my 1.50 map from Stratified

Alex felt we had some more room for timing, but he wanted me to test this map with some heat
    My last logs were showing BATs of 55F (12.7C) which was obvisouly great, but he wanted to test this map out to see how it would react when the weather warms up a bit

He requested me to start with a normal 4th gear log
    Then he wanted me to heatsoak my vehicle until my BATs got to 120-130F (49-55C) and perform
    - A 4th Gear Log
    - A 2-3-4 Gear Log

I notice PSI spiked to 22psi, where the cooler log only got to 20.29PSI
    Also knock was all over the place

I'm very interested on his thoughts and anyone elses views on these latest logs
    There is some knock due to the higher BATs but nothing that a degree or two of timing can't fix. Looks like your pretty much done there mate! Looks real nice!

Yeah I'm guessing that
    Thanks @rayd

Peter "SLIXX"

I receive my next map from Stratified and he was very happy with the logs as they captured both Winter and Summer conditions
    He made some alterations to load targets, timing targets, fueling, and hot weather compensations in this iteration.

Alex has been determined and gracious with his time as he mentioned that he is happy to extend my time as we are only 1 or 2 iterations away from the final product

I went to log last night but only got so far as to get a both 4th gear cool and warm logs
    As I was waiting for my car to warm up to temperature, I saw some reds and blues trying to join the local Ford contingency cruising down the Hwy
    I abandoned my quest for another time

What i noticed when i looked at the logs is the 60-100mph time is very good both Hot and Cool
    There was only 0.04sec difference between Hot and Cool logs (Cool - 6.61secs & Warm - 6.65secs)

This was much better than my last logs which had Cool @ 6.66 and Warm @ 7.05, which tells me the this latest maps is coping with the warmer temps a lot better
    Hope to finish my log session soon

Currently RaydTuned

Hope to finish my log session soon
    Stop lying, you're enjoying the process... and as much as you want car to be finished, you don't want the exciting "oooh, new map!" emails to end
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast