User Tag List

Thread: My new ecutek tune maps

Default My new ecutek tune maps

Thought id post up my new tune, I did want a more conservative tune for everyday driving as I use the car daily for commuting, however Its prob a bit to conservative though. I'm actually going back to get a few adjustments, perhaps 1 more psi early then 2 more psi mid range. If you guys have any input would be appreciated.

Also keep in mind this was done on a mainline dyno.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MPS6.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	320.9 KB 
ID:	14220
    Last edited by azmps6; 21-05-2013 at 08:03 PM.

Looks smooth, but if i am reading right that boost increase at the end at high rpms is a bit of a worry.

Yeah, its odd to keep the boost at the high RPMs considering, or what i thought, that the OEM turbo runs out of puff about then. Will ask them that when I go back next week.

When we tested with Dashhawk it was only boosting 14psi in the first couple gears with a max of 15psi in the higher gears.i thought mabey 1psi down low and an extra 2 psi in the mid range.
    could anyone else make a comment like sarcastic one , someone with a bit more experience looking at a dyno sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    Looks smooth, but if i am reading right that boost increase at the end at high rpms is a bit of a worry.
    From what I can tell, it's barely hitting 15psi on that graph...
    The boost "increase" is maybe a 1psi fluctuation from it dropping earlier on...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    When we tested with Dashhawk it was only boosting 14psi in the first couple gears with a max of 15psi in the higher gears.i thought mabey 1psi down low and an extra 2 psi in the mid range.
    could anyone else make a comment like sarcastic one , someone with a bit more experience looking at a dyno sheet.
    Hits 15psi (max boost) about 2900rpm, tad slow, but safe

Just seems like a very conservative graph to me, hard to tell much about it based on squiggly lines...

Lower boost is likely due to them keeping load limits in earlier gears, but 1 psi won't make that much difference
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

What you cant see is timing advance just a couple of degree more will give good gains, this is prob what they did later in the rpm to keep power on. Use the stock turbo down low than the advance up higher

What you cant see is timing advance just a couple of degree more will give good gains, this is prob what they did later in the rpm to keep power on. Use the stock turbo down low than the advance up higher, at 15psi that will help give the graph a more flatter power band to redline as the turbo will hold longer

Thanks for taking the time to look guys; so would you say its worth upping the boost a bit more, considering it is so low?

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by azmps6 View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to look guys; so would you say its worth upping the boost a bit more, considering it is so low?
    Mines currently around 18.5 with an ecuteck tune, another pound or 2 should be good and wil make some good gains..Who did the tune?
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

Ultimate tunes,canberra

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Ultimate tunes,canberra
    i meant the guy who started the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    i meant the guy who started the thread.
    Yes me too

Yeah ultimate tunes, i will go back prob next week and up the boost, prob 2 more psi. I think it would give it that bit more punch.