User Tag List

Thread: Cobb AP monitoring (Knock retard)

Default Cobb AP monitoring (Knock retard)

Guys, what sort of knock retard value is your Cobb AP throwing out on "X" tune?

Just after knock retard at the moment but feel free to discuss any part of the monitoring feature of the Cobb AP on this thread.

First 15 minutes till engine is properly warm... All sorts of nasty numbers (see. 8's at times!!!)

Once warm, rarely see more than 1.0

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Peter "SLIXX"

Why am I laughing at @slixx post! I shouldn't be!

Pretty sure I was warmed up ok (about 15mins driving) and saw a reading of 5.9. Didn't seem to go that high after but I have yet to go FULL throttle since the flash. (only done around 40kms since install)

Was thinking about opening up on the weekend, but I'll be changing the tune to include TMIC and HPFP, just wondering what knock others are getting

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    Why am I laughing at @slixx post! I shouldn't be!

Pretty sure I was warmed up ok (about 15mins driving) and saw a reading of 5.9. Didn't seem to go that high after but I have yet to go FULL throttle since the flash. (only done around 40kms since install)

Was thinking about opening up on the weekend, but I'll be changing the tune to include TMIC and HPFP, just wondering what knock others are getting
    5.9 on wot or part throttle?
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Difficult to say, I don't have an AP mount so it was sliding around my seat monitoring. I noticed during glancing over once a while at the AP.

I think knock was "in and out of it" so part throttle I'd say. I haven't really put my foot (flat) down since the flash.

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    Difficult to say, I don't have an AP mount so it was sliding around my seat monitoring. I noticed during glancing over once a while at the AP.

I think knock was "in and out of it" so part throttle I'd say. I haven't really put my foot (flat) down since the flash.
    I wouldn't be so concerned about part throttle knock, I get up to 8 on part throttle, 0 on wot. You'll notice when you get part throttle knock if you keep speed consistent it will gradually count down as its adjusting timing for mpg's
    It could be possible there is something loose under the hood I suppose, usually my part throttle knock comes if Im in too high a gear for the speed im doing
    Last edited by dazza; 22-03-2013 at 12:00 PM.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Cheers Dazza, thought it would be nice to have a thread if folks wanted to compare values like AFR, BAT's etc. Might help, might not. Haven't seen that high knock on my car. When I feel knock I get concerned! Didn't feel much on my readings.

I was on load up a hill and it counted up to 2 or 3 degree's then counted down back to 0 once over said hill. The flash will possibly come off tomorrow once I (hopefully get my cooler back) then I might run the highest stage one map and see how that goes.

Need to think of how to mount the Cobb AP now, and where.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Sorry for the hijack @rogwick, but just couldn't help myself!!

Peter "SLIXX"

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    Sorry for the hijack @rogwick, but just couldn't help myself!!
    Mate I'm always up for a laugh!

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

11. Default

I get more KR if BAT is high or when the car engine is heat soaked.

i think this is a good idea and alot of us will be able to benefit from this, im just about to purchase a cobb ap and want to make sure my engine is running in the safest, not most powerful tune possible. Ive got my reading cut out for me over the next few weeks and im trying to learn as much as possible, i want to be confident on making changes without melting a piston or throwing a rod haha. Once im up to speed im more then happy to help others out that want point in the ryte direction. But first i must learn myself, dont mean to hi-jack your thread rogwick just seems like a good idea mate, this is somthing i think everyone should be looking at, ots maps i think are silly to load and just forget, there are just to many variables

mitch

Have been doing a few datalogs, looking like my KR values are too high at 4.9. I believe the attached is a 4th gear run.

I have done many WOT logs and this is the only one with KR showing. Can anyone tell me if this is actual knock? How can I diagnose/ avoid it? I have some denso itv22s coming.

99% of my logs are fine and dont show any KR at WOT.

I had it on the dyno a little bit back and the guy said he heard audible knock on the second dyno run (5th gear at 3500 rpm or so) so didn't go any further with that run.

I am running cobb stage 1 95 tune, but using 98 petrol. Before the dyno I was running the 98 tune, but changed it to 95 tune after the dyno
    Attached Files Attached Files

Try starting a new thread in the diagnose my data log section

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4