User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cobb AP question/problem ???

Default Cobb AP question/problem ???

Hi all,
    so after thinking about what i should get Ive finally decided and got a Cobb AP (of GEN1MPS), just got a quick question in 1st gear when i punch it at about 4000 to 5000rpm the car jerks, or sort of feels like it cuts out of power and then picks up again.. would anyone know why this is? every singlle time i took of and punched it this happened.

Any info would be great.

Thanks

fuel cut or boost cut perhaps? maybe do a log and post results?

stock tune? could be traction control... turn DSC off and try again... cant say without more information...

Yeah it is stock tune and DSC was off.
    Yeah maybe could be fuel cut or boost cut. Will do log when I get back from Brisbane...
    has this happened to anyone as soon as the put a Cobb inn?

Have you loaded the correct map for your model, intake and mods?, could be a fuel pressure issue, maybe grab a few logs and post them so that we can have a look.

Quote Originally Posted by mpsexn View Post
    Hi all,
    so after thinking about what i should get Ive finally decided and got a Cobb AP (of GEN1MPS), just got a quick question in 1st gear when i punch it at about 4000 to 5000rpm the car jerks, or sort of feels like it cuts out of power and then picks up again.. would anyone know why this is? every singlle time i took of and punched it this happened.

Any info would be great.

Thanks
    Just give us a call when u back will do some logs. Most probably fuel cut.

Mazedit coming soon
    Member Of a Wallbangers Club

Cool thanks guys... I will do a couple of logs when I get back from Brisbane and see how we go.

Does if feel quicker Eddie?

Quote Originally Posted by PremHK View Post
    Does if feel quicker Eddie?
    He was very happy then he started flooring on ma street lol jokes

Mazedit coming soon

Yeah Alex, feels much quicker and is a noticeable gain in performance so overall I am very happy with it, now just got to fix that thing in 1st gear, most likely it's nothing.
    hahaha I floored it in the other street and on the main road didn't thinking floored it in your street.

Quote Originally Posted by mpsexn View Post
    Yeah Alex, feels much quicker and is a noticeable gain in performance so overall I am very happy with it, now just got to fix that thing in 1st gear, most likely it's nothing.
    hahaha I floored it in the other street and on the main road didn't thinking floored it in your street.
    Yea na I was kidding man give it a bit of time as I said yesterday good luk

Mazedit coming soon
    Member Of a Wallbangers Club

Thanks

Ok guys so, last night after the meet (great turn out by the way, nice meeting all the others that i didnt meet before) i got home and changed the map and the car is running better than ever, no more jerking and it doesnt cut out anymore.
    Car has opened up so much more, and the power diffrence feels crazy!!!
    LOVE the Cobb AP

excellent Eddie, wait till you begin with the bolt on's to see how much these engines really open up..

Well done Eddie u r Cobb expert already

Mazedit coming soon

Hahahahah bolt-on's will come at a later stage, for now i did what i had to for engine and now exterior and looks of the car. getting it lowered tomorrow and wheel alignment.

Quote Originally Posted by GEN1MPS View Post
    Well done Eddie u r Cobb expert already

Mazedit coming soon
    HEHEHEHEH, far from it mate... but I am enjoying all the stuff it comes with, 0-60times, flat foot shifting, all that sort of stuff..
    It is a great thing to have.
    Couldnt belive just that little Access Port makes so much of a diffrence lol, and getting that by just mucking around with the computer....

Al, did you end up seeing what was on the hwy last night?

Default Re: Cobb AP question/problem ???

Are you running the stage 1 or 2 maps?
    Stage one maps are very conservative due to not having upgraded fuel pump. This is for a reason.
    They seem to be less aggressive even than the Hypertech.

People looking at other solutions should ensure they are upgrading hpfps at the correct stage of the modification process to avoid zzb.

Also make sure you are running the correct map for your intake/modifications.
    If you run into issues make sure all clamps are tight and re flash the map again. I had this issue with the Hypertech and the AccessPort as it seems to be related to the actual flashing process using any method.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Jmac; 30-11-2012 at 01:06 PM.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Are you running the stage 1 or 2 maps?
    Stage one maps are very conservative due to not having upgraded fuel pump. This is for a reason.
    They seem to be less aggressive even than the Hypertech.

People looking at other solutions should ensure they are upgrading hpfps at the correct stage of the modification process to avoid zzb.

Also make sure you are running the correct map for your intake/modifications.
    If you run into issues make sure all clamps are tight and re flash the map again. I had this issue with the Hypertech and the AccessPort as it seems to be related to the actual flashing process using any method.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    This subject always interest me about HPFP. At what stage of tuning do you think a HPFP is required?

Is it based off boost level or something else ?

I understand that a Cobb AP on stage 2 require it, but what is in a stage 2 that calls for it?

When quoted both MRT or Tunehouse advised me that I would not need one, but is that because they only tune to 17psi?

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast