User Tag List

Thread: Cobb with BNR Stage 1 or 3

Default Cobb with BNR Stage 1 or 3

Hi Guys

Not 100% sure im going to do this yet, but since DP upgrade smoking has become an issue for me, going to attempt to fix but not looking to spend heaps on fixing the stock K04. (going to try catch can etc)

My question is i have Stage 2 MAP (DP,Intake,HPFP,TIP,FMIC,CBE) on my Cobb AP could i run a stage 1 BNR turbo with that MAP with not much issues? form what i have read they are similar size to stock. Also if i were to go stage 3 BNR what are my tuning options with the AP atm? (assuming that the stage 2 MAP will not be good here)

Thanks
    Jamie

Stage 1 bnr should be OK...
    A stage 3 will likely require a retune, an e-tune from someone like stratified tuning would be the best solution (in my mind)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I'd go the e-tune route for either option. despite similar sizing a BNR S1 is NOT a K04. eTunes have the advantage of being 90% cheaper than a dyno tune. 2-300 bucks to know that your ecu is controlling your engine properly.. Why wouldn't you do that?

Thanks guys, noob question wtf is an e-tune? lol. do they tune from the cobb AP without putting it on a dyno? essentially a custom MAP?

Correct. You send in a set of logged parameters from your car, they fiddle the settings based on what they see, reload the updated map into your AP and repeat process until you're tuned.

It's all done via the inter web.

inter web... where do i find one of them?

Thanks all

BNR stage 2 is also availible on request from BNR

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Thanks guys, noob question wtf is an e-tune? lol. do they tune from the cobb AP without putting it on a dyno? essentially a custom MAP?
    pretty much
    my personal suggestion is to try this:
    2007-2012 Mazdaspeed3 Custom Tune [MS3_Tune] - $200.00CAD : Stratified Automotive Controls
    @Alex Stratified is very good at what he does
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

where would be the best place to buy a BNR turbo (excluding MPS Garage if i can)

From bryan himself, BNR

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

bnrsupercars@yahoo.com thats his email. He has great customer service, if he doesnt get back to you he will in time . He had my BNRs2 made in one week, just ask for a better postage service (pay the extra for good service) as it took 2 weeks to get here
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    From bryan himself, BNR

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

bnrsupercars@yahoo.com thats his email. He has great customer service, if he doesnt get back to you he will in time . He had my BNRs2 made in one week, just ask for a better postage service (pay the extra for good service) as it took 2 weeks to get here
    Thanks man

13. Default

Take a look at this for the smoking turbo fix;

PT-Performance.com

or

PT-Performance.com

Next,

No, you can not run a bigger turbo with Cobb MAP you need to get a custom tune for the larger compressor wheel.

We can "Pro Tune" your set up.

Thanks,

John

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    pretty much
    my personal suggestion is to try this:
    2007-2012 Mazdaspeed3 Custom Tune [MS3_Tune] - $200.00CAD : Stratified Automotive Controls
    @Alex Stratified is very good at what he does

Why not use someone that supports the forums, like a vendor... hint, hint.