User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Cobb Access Port FAQ

Noob question. Am I right in saying that all of the OTS maps for intakes that aren't Cobb based are no longer maintained? Thus must be downloaded from the archive?
    Last edited by zacman; 13-11-2013 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zacman View Post
    Noob question. Am I right in saying that all of the OTS maps for intakes that aren't Cobb based are no longer maintained? Thus must be downloaded from the archive?
    Looks that way. Just an excuse to speak to Ray.
    SG9 XT: VF34 P20, Tomei headers, STI intercooler HSD coilovers, Brembos and much more...

they were so close together in terms of MAF cal that it was deemed not worth it

Apologies if this has been covered, cant find anything info my issue below.

In the PDF (https://static.cobbtuning.com/cobbtu..._12%20v231.pdf), it says

"ALL Stage1 OTS Calibrations have been designed to run within the limits of the factory CDFP to remain safe. (Aside from the “+IC” maps)"

However on the download page
    Accessport Off The Shelf Maps, under "Stage1+SF+TIH 98", it says

CDFP = "Upgrade"

I will be installing COBB TIH & SRI with stock CDFP, which map is safe for my use?

Thanks

5. Default

I ran a Stage 1 SRI+TIP (TIH) map with a Catted Race pipe on a stock HPFP. (both 2.31 and 2.32 maps), but i monitored and logged fuel pressure like a hawk.

I think the main thing is to log and watch your fuel pressure at WOT via your Cobb AP. It shouldn't drop below 1600psi. If it does youre in the danger zone.

The thing with with free flowing mods (SRI, TIP, DP, RP) that your car will make boost easier and increased kw, and be using more fuel. Sometimes the stock HPFP cant keep up, and that's when you get into trouble.

Get some HPFP internals and you'll be safe and have peace of mind. If you then add a race pipe (cheap and easy mod) you'll be able to run stage 2 maps. Win

Quote Originally Posted by dsn View Post
    Apologies if this has been covered, cant find anything info my issue below.

In the PDF (https://static.cobbtuning.com/cobbtu..._12%20v231.pdf), it says

"ALL Stage1 OTS Calibrations have been designed to run within the limits of the factory CDFP to remain safe. (Aside from the “+IC” maps)"

However on the download page
    Accessport Off The Shelf Maps, under "Stage1+SF+TIH 98", it says

CDFP = "Upgrade"

I will be installing COBB TIH & SRI with stock CDFP, which map is safe for my use?

Thanks
    It's an interesting issue. I am currently running the same map, except for a SURE SRI, and once it downloads to the Access Manager software and Cobb AP it says you don't need an upgraded HPFP for that tune. They both say that you only need to do the HPFP when going to an upgraded IC.

*edit* in the monitoring I've done my fuel pressure hasn't dropped below 1600psi on this tune.

Info in post 2 is correct.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

https://cobbtuning.zendesk.com/hc/en...-V2-Accessport

For anyone with a V3 not getting expected logging rates

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Default Cobb Access Port FAQ

Good to know @SarcasticOne

I miss how my V2 logged my MPH to the decimal point

Eg 60.31

Now it's just 60

Just came across this on MSF.
    Yet to have a good read through, but looks promising. @SarcasticOne

http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...d.php?t=170894

Sent from my evil apple using Tapatalk

Stage 2 Maps
    Stage 2 maps REQUIRE a DP (or at least removal of one cat) to work correctly, as well as an upgraded fuel pump.

can someone please confirm that removal of one cat (I have my second cat removed) is sufficient along with the HPFP upgrade.

thanks.

I think they are banking on good flow to allow the map to perform as they had designed with a DP. If you have you stock DP and have removed a cat (really?) then I don't think it will give you the numbers you're after. It will work, nothing will explode (as long as you have your HPFP installed of course)

Main thing for s2 maps is the hpfp
    A test pipe, or full dp is sufficient.

This has come up a few times and the answer is usually "yes, fine" (cat removed = catless racepipe). Have a search on here/MSF for 'stage 2 with only racepipe'.
    Iv been running this way for a while and all seems fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    I think they are banking on good flow to allow the map to perform as they had designed with a DP. If you have you stock DP and have removed a cat (really?) then I don't think it will give you the numbers you're after. It will work, nothing will explode (as long as you have your HPFP installed of course)

Yep removed the second cat and resonator (advised by a local performance shop) to get the sound I wanted (funny enough it worked out perfectly) and "freed up some flow"

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Main thing for s2 maps is the hpfp
    A test pipe, or full dp is sufficient.

cheers, I've got the internals on order from edge along with an 80a JBR rmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    This has come up a few times and the answer is usually "yes, fine" (cat removed = catless racepipe). Have a search on here/MSF for 'stage 2 with only racepipe'.
    Iv been running this way for a while and all seems fine.

Will do cheers for that. I intend to get a hi flow catted downpipe at some stage but I'm leaving that for latter.

Ok. Sweet. If you go the DP route which is the best aspect of an exhaust upgrade you can do for power then you'll get a nice note as well. Downside is, you be catless which the poo really don't like, unless you put a high flow version in. But all this costs a bit of coin, so I see why you're asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Ok. Sweet. If you go the DP route which is the best aspect of an exhaust upgrade you can do for power then you'll get a nice note as well. Downside is, you be catless which the poo really don't like, unless you put a high flow version in. But all this costs a bit of coin, so I see why you're asking.

Had a look at threads you suggested, and as you stated all seems to be in favour (or atleast ok with it). Yeah I will leave the cat on the dp for now and go with a hi flow in the future mostly because of wof or road worthy inspections. you usually get away with having one on there.

Mine just passed an engineering cert with the 2nd cat removed, so you should be fine. The other consideration is labour. Racepipe is a 1/2-2 hour simple job with no risk, while downpipe is many hours, blood, and the risk of stripped 02 sensors.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast