User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Su or cpe side engine mounts... Your thoughts/reviews welcome

1. Default Su or cpe side engine mounts... Your thoughts/reviews welcome

Hi
    I'm in the market for driver and passenger side engine mounts and just thought id ask for some reviews from people that have done theirs.
    It looks like cpe is almost 3 times the price of the su mounts..... Wowa

Sent from my GT-I9100T

JBR mounts, cant go wrong with the price and aftersales service jamie provides. I have the 80duro driver side mount, it a dogbone 88 duro rear mount, it it does vibrate a fair bit compared to stock, not for the faint

I think a few members here are waiting to change theirs over to SU and I think one of them is using the CPE one now. I'm using the CPE 60 duro - this was before SU came to the party. No regrets. Shifts were much better for me and slight vibes early on but now no difference to me from stock with slight vibes only when close to stalling point.

4. Default

Would be interesting to Talk to the person that is changing from cpe to su and find out why... From what I've seen the cpe stuff is usually good stuff!

Sent from my GT-I9100T

I think there is a bit of confusion in this thread, the OP is discussing

SIDE engine mounts

NOT rear motor mounts

my bad....anyhoo..
    here's a thread that might help you out... http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/tech-...tml#post193113

7. Default

OK rather than starting a new thread on this I'll bump this one.. I need to replace my drivers side engine mount as it has cracked. I'm going to fit a SURE TORQ 3 as well & that has street grade urethane. Can anyone give me their thoughts on a good match for the TORQ 3. I was reading the SU is a little harsh so I was leaning more towards the CP-E. Is there any other brands worth considering? It's a Mazda 3 MPS Gen 1 2007.

I have a gen1 3MPS and I have the streetunit side mounts. I get a fair amount of transmission whine and clunks from the gearbox, but I love the feel of car though, feels so connected, and the vibes are only minimally worse than the 75 duro CPE rear engine mount by its self.

I chose the street unit over the CPE mostly because they were cheaper. Also there had been a few issues with the transmission CPE mount failing. Seemed to be cause by the install, but not helped by the design. I beleieve they have adjusted the design now and it shouldn't be an issue, especially if you follow the install instructions.

Streetunit side mounts only come as a pair, where you can buy the CPE ones seperately, but I wouldn't recommend running 2 aftermarket and 1 stock mount.

Jbarone now also do both side engine mounts, they didn't when I bought mine.. Their transmission mount seems to be a completely different design, being a vertical mount.

As for what is best, I don't know. I got the cheapest because I had just got back from a 5week holiday in europe.

Quote Originally Posted by WispRush View Post
    I have a gen1 3MPS and I have the streetunit side mounts. I get a fair amount of transmission whine and clunks from the gearbox, but I love the feel of car though, feels so connected, and the vibes are only minimally worse than the 75 duro CPE rear engine mount by its self.

I chose the street unit over the CPE mostly because they were cheaper. Also there had been a few issues with the transmission CPE mount failing. Seemed to be cause by the install, but not helped by the design. I beleieve they have adjusted the design now and it shouldn't be an issue, especially if you follow the install instructions.

Streetunit side mounts only come as a pair, where you can buy the CPE ones seperately, but I wouldn't recommend running 2 aftermarket and 1 stock mount.

Jbarone now also do both side engine mounts, they didn't when I bought mine.. Their transmission mount seems to be a completely different design, being a vertical mount.

As for what is best, I don't know. I got the cheapest because I had just got back from a 5week holiday in europe.
    What strength mounts are your trans and sides?
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

Streetunit only have the one option. Says "solid 68-72A durometer urethane" on their website

O i thought they were the options

12. Default

Hey thanks WispRush for your thoughts. How long have you had them fitted? Reading the durability issues with the CP-E, I've dropped some money on JBR and am hoping all goes well with them. I ended up going with 70DURO and hoping its not too loud. I'm willing to sacrifice a little bit for the better performance though.

Quote Originally Posted by Duk View Post
    JBR mounts, cant go wrong with the price and aftersales service jamie provides. I have the 80duro driver side mount, it a dogbone 88 duro rear mount, it it does vibrate a fair bit compared to stock, not for the faint
    I agree. Awesome service. I also have the JBR driver's side 'street Duro' mount. Takes about 1000km for vibes to settle and they do remain to an extent. But greatly improved feedback to the driver.

I have had the mounts on since November last year. The JBR transmission one looks interesting, vertical design, where the CPE and SU are horizontal.
    Interesting to see how it goes.

15. Default

I was wondering though it's probably already been asked before. Now I'm changing side and rear mounts to firm, will the OEM transmission mount now take a beating and need changing soon? I guess I will see. I'll make sure I put aside a little extra for that as well

Quote Originally Posted by newmaz View Post
    I was wondering though it's probably already been asked before. Now I'm changing side and rear mounts to firm, will the OEM transmission mount now take a beating and need changing soon? I guess I will see. I'll make sure I put aside a little extra for that as well

My assumption is that replacing the 2 mounts will put more strain on the last oem mount, but have no evidence. From some of my reading before I bought mine, people found the NVH reduced after replacing the last stock mount.

Just a theory on that point, would it be a case for example 1 aftermarket mount and 2 OEM's mean there is more resistance to movement going through the stronger Aftermarket mount therefore causing more NvH, but when upgrading all 3 the NVH is shared over 3 mounts? Obviously depends on what type of mounts your using aswell

Sure are developing some side mounts. I'd wait to see how these are if you are able

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sure-side.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	287.0 KB 
ID:	10989

Pretty keen to grab Jbarones side mounts deal

Its come to that time to upgrade both. Okay seeing how everyone keeps talking about JBR anyone now have the cp-e or SURE and able to give some reviews??? Or might take a dive on the Sure S3's Street grade. No real difference in price and note i the cp-e REM 75duro. but also have the Sure Track grade as well. Cheers
    2XS+ChipTorque=DeathStar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast