User Tag List

Thread: Gear Selector Cable

Default Gear Selector Cable

Does anyone know how to change the gear selector cable in a MPS6? It snapped on me changing from fourth to fifth on the way home the other day. I have taken the whole centre console out inside the car and taken the battery out in the engine bay but they still won't come out. The diagram shows a plate mounted to the fire wall which i found last night but it seems impossible to get to without removing the entire dash or dropping the exhaust and box out from underneath.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'd also like to know but in my case its because there is a squeaking happening inside the console when I change gears and i'm pretty sure its the selector cable.

Hopefully someone helps you with the issue though .

3. Default

msg Mitch (MPS2NV) he just fixed his I believe. Sounds like yours and his MPS6 may be twins seperated at birth

Quote Originally Posted by dazzawhitey View Post
    Does anyone know how to change the gear selector cable in a MPS6? It snapped on me changing from fourth to fifth on the way home the other day. I have taken the whole centre console out inside the car and taken the battery out in the engine bay but they still won't come out. The diagram shows a plate mounted to the fire wall which i found last night but it seems impossible to get to without removing the entire dash or dropping the exhaust and box out from underneath.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    mps2nv said how much he loved pulling his dash out to do his. Im sure he would be full of handy hints 'what not to do'

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

I think his words were 'DONT BREAK A CABLE'
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Mitch is also having some issues with the CAN system after refitting, so do not attempt this without a workshop manual and a lot of dutch courage lol.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleredMPS View Post
    Mitch is also having some issues with the CAN system after refitting, so do not attempt this without a workshop manual and a lot of dutch courage lol.
    ig hammer

By this he means a big hammer and a beer, to calm the nerves
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    mps2nv said how much he loved pulling his dash out to do his. Im sure he would be full of handy hints 'what not to do'

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

I think his words were 'DONT BREAK A CABLE'
    That sounds familiar...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by LittleredMPS View Post
    Mum insisted she had the speedo reading the other week, had motor out still at that stage which upset the apple cart lol

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

dont reconnect the battery until everything is reconnected and should be no issues and if your cable is broken due to the alignment of the cable from a ssp either remove ssp or modifiy the cable bracket

Not great pics but you get the idea
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	150520111057.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	8650   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	150520111059.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	8649