User Tag List

Thread: Datalog from 3-4th gear power pull.

1. Default Datalog from 3-4th gear power pull.

Hey guys,

Wondering if someone can run their eye over my datalog, it was a 3-4th gear power pull on the highway.
    Would like to know if there is anything unusual about it or anything of concern.

Power pull starts around cell 54

Mods are:
    3inch turbo back
    and Xede piggyback with a custom tune (unknown what was done, previous owner)

was told there was an issue with it running very lean and its "pulling timing" I dont know what that means but the guy on dyno said it as the MAF needing replacement, I have cleaned it and this is the log after spark gap reduced to 0.7 and MAF meticulously cleaned.

Can't wait to here what you guys think.

Cheers
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries

I'm not the best person to answer that for you, but for what it's worth I'd flag row 78-80 shows 29:1 AFR but I'm pretty sure that's where you lift off and changed to fourth, as the throttle position drops back then you are back on it (?)
    I don't have the expertise to interpret this log in detail - the main thing I would look for to guage if it's leaning out and pulling timing is knock retard against a few other metrics but I'm not seeing knock retard logged here. That'll tell you exactly how much timing is being pulled and in what circumstances.

if you have trouble with it leaning out and pulling timing due to knock you would see (for example) a knock retard value of 5 degrees at WOT. And that's bad...engine popping type bad.
    I'm not sure but I think you are OK in this log, but again - don't take my word for it.
    The KR value for me is a lot easier to interpret than so many different metrics. Hopefully another member can give you some clearer feedback.
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

3. Default

Yeah i'm not sure Torquelite (android app) measures Knock Retard, i could have look, it does show timing though I'm guessing that's not enough to determine KR?
    Everything "feels" ok.
    I was getting some spark issues in 4th and 5th at 18+ psi regapped plugs and that fixed it, cleaned the MAF and things seem normal.

The old "seem of the pants Dyno" is starting to get used to the feeling so its hard to tell now.

Hope someone who is all over this stuff can have a squiz.

Thanks anyway @Nexus, You are always the first to reply. this Forum doesn't seem as active as it once was, its a shame.

Cheers

Hard to try and get anything useful of what's happening with that log from a Torque App as they are laggy AF, if anything it seems to be running rich AFRs running under 11 at WOT, 11.3 to 11.8 is where it should be until near red line then richen it up to avoid knock on just pump fuel.

To get a better understanding a log needs knock and injector duty cycle as well, as they operate in tandom, when there is knock seen the injectors duty cycle will increase to throw more fuel in to try and avoid detonation.
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    Hard to try and get anything useful of what's happening with that log from a Torque App as they are laggy AF, if anything it seems to be running rich AFRs running under 11 at WOT, 11.3 to 11.8 is where it should be until near red line then richen it up to avoid knock on just pump fuel.

To get a better understanding a log needs knock and injector duty cycle as well, as they operate in tandom, when there is knock seen the injectors duty cycle will increase to throw more fuel in to try and avoid detonation.
    Related question, Found a crack on my dump pipe (have seperate wastegate and exhaust runners from turbo that meet in a collector) around the wastegate pipe side that has a shit tonne of carbon, have read that this leak could cause the o2 to read incorrect and lean out the fuel, is that correct and is this indicative here?

probably on a worse note, there is carbon around the exhaust housing and the compressor housing seal...... bad jew jew?