User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No power to coils

Default No power to coils

@dazza and I were so confused and were pulling off everything we had touched. My heads cuts all over them and I was pulling my hair out

I killed my battery trying to start my car so many times and all it was, was a little plug

Like I said, may not be it, but symptoms might be the same. And I don't know if a 6 has this ok the same place

Did you do any mods or fiddle with your car in anyway?

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Yes I do have the metallic box there somewhere. You can see it in the pic. A few days back I changed my piping which goes underneath it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0308.JPG 
Views:	146 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	15479  
    Last edited by jnin; 17-11-2013 at 11:24 PM.

I went to the mechanic and the plug on the ballast was firmly in... :-(

Mechanic finished removing and cleaning the head...Too much grimme and mud probably from the CAI(?) and they wouldnt seat properly thats why they were leaking
    I am looking for a VRS kit and I am afraid to call Mazda. Does anyone know where to get one?
    Thanks
    Last edited by jnin; 21-11-2013 at 03:42 PM.

I am not a fan of CAI for that reason

The Mazda prices aren't too scary for replacements, you would only need intake side I presume?

With a SRI and box you can get to within 3deg of Ambient so there is not much need or benefits for a CAI over an SRI

Quote Originally Posted by Rayd View Post
    The Mazda prices aren't too scary for replacements, you would only need intake side I presume?
    Since mechanic removed and cleaned the head its better to get the VRS kit…

Finally got the car back a couple days ago…Runs smoother with less noises. The problem was because of the CAI from what the mechanic said. Exhaust valves were full in grime, mud, dirt.
    Anyways at least I replaced the internals of the fuel pump and I ve loaded the stage 1 OTS maps with TIH+Intake+IC+ fuel pump internals from COBB. I am experiencing noticeable lag while boosting and I am thinking of replacing the IC as I think its too big for the turbo. I was hopping by increasing the pressure on the turbo with the access port the lag will go away but I was wrong.
    Any ideas?

What IC do you have and when you say noticeable lag at what RPM do you see full boost at?
    Post up your logs from Cobb app as well.
    lag is not always a bad thing on this platform
    Last edited by chef; 15-12-2013 at 05:40 PM.

IC is 600x300x76mm. Bit big for the stock turbo? I will post some logs tomorrow.

Default Datalogs

Hi chef. Here are the logs.
    Hope they help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12