User Tag List

Thread: Uphill WOT health check

1. Default Uphill WOT health check

hello everyone,

I want to start learning the ropes with reading datalogs from my AP with the eventual aim to get a tune down the road, or even do some minor safe tweaks myself. Before I do that I obviously need to know what key bits of data I need to look out for and understand what they are telling me.

So here is my first log. Here is the scenario... I am rolling down a 30 degree hill in 4th, as I just past the trough of the hill, I upshift into 3rd and floor it back up a 25 degree inclined hill, shift into 4th before closing out the throttle just under 5k rpm. What I would like to ask of you car wizards out there is, what is the health of my car based on the datalog? and also specifically, what is this knock retard I see ppl talk of...

performance mods are - sri and tip, upgraded HPFP, dump pipe with high flow cat, cat back, upgraded bpv, EGR delete and a stage 2 AP tune.

I know there is a lot to learn and don't expect to learn everything in this thread..so a few take away points would be great to work from!

cheers
    B

edit: see the xls attachment.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mps3er; 29-08-2013 at 06:37 PM.

Try and do your logs on a straight flat road if you can.. and start about 2700 up to 6500

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4

And stay in the same gear

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4

If you go through the lists of tables you can change you will notice there are shit load! Select the items recommend for general health and take a data log to study, it doesn't have to be for a reason other than learning! Look at your log, say you want to check your afr and you think it's excessively rich and a knock signal is present, go through your afr tables you might notice that you have hit the desired afr for a knock signal detected which explains your rich afr. You may just be worried that the big puff of black smoke on wot, monitor your absolute load also, after another look in the tables you find that you have exceeded the load for that cell and and your current afr is the same as what's in your over load afr tables.

Thats just a start on knowing what's going on and why. Log what ever you like and just look through your tables to see what makes sense lol
    Every man should have a V8 ute.....with a Chev badge.....and a Southern Cross sticker! Mods? What mods?

not sure why, but it's coming up all jumbled for me...
    cant read it, sorry

have to be careful with excel and .csv's it really screws them up if you just hit save, you have to do a "save as"

6. Default

ah. i've added the xls file. hopefully that's better

that's better
    see no issues, just that spark advance is low