User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stft very high at WOT

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Hpfp in, without reading the whole thread, is it possible there is a leak from the fuel line that has to be removed to install the pump?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4
    Thanks jmac but unfortunately problem existed before HPFP install.

Quote Originally Posted by richierichness View Post
    Rob,

I've never seen someone's LTFT or STFT go beyond 25% but that may just be an AccessPort limit. That being said, once in open loop the ecu follows the MAF curve and doesn't do much if any compensation based on STFT. I suggest your read up on closed loop to open loop transition with our vehicles to fully understand.

I assume your not running any kind of tuning solution? I would highly recommend the AccessPort as it is preferred for us tuners and easy for you to use. You can buy an AP and e-tune through me as RichTune is a vendor here.

Your car is running pig rich as most OEM cars and most people don't log with your solution so I wouldn't get too worked up about the high STFT.

If your worried i recommend you find a friend with an AP and load up a map and take some logs.

Sorry for the late response I've been on vacation

Sent from my iPhone using RichieTalk
    Thanks Richie!! Yeh I'm hopeless at learning. Hands on kinda guy, don't read well lol, have to read it 100 times to get it in but yes I am doing heaps of reading about this lately and definitely understand the difference and purpose of the closed loop v open loop modes.

Car is Hypertech tuned, do you know if the Hypertech commands AFR's in the 9s?? It seems very rich for something that's supposed to be a modified maf curve? Hence why I think there is still a leak somewhere, after TB. Surely the Hypertech could make more power if it was commanding AFR's even in the 10s?? Hope that made sense!

As for the etune it's on my wanted list. Can you tell me here or pm me a price for AP and richierichness etune from you. Gotta feeling I've already made the decision..

Thanks for writing back dude! Really means a lot!

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rob777 View Post
    Thanks Richie!! Yeh I'm hopeless at learning. Hands on kinda guy, don't read well lol, have to read it 100 times to get it in but yes I am doing heaps of reading about this lately and definitely understand the difference and purpose of the closed loop v open loop modes.

Car is Hypertech tuned, do you know if the Hypertech commands AFR's in the 9s?? It seems very rich for something that's supposed to be a modified maf curve? Hence why I think there is still a leak somewhere, after TB. Surely the Hypertech could make more power if it was commanding AFR's even in the 10s?? Hope that made sense!

As for the etune it's on my wanted list. Can you tell me here or pm me a price for AP and richierichness etune from you. Gotta feeling I've already made the decision..

Thanks for writing back dude! Really means a lot!

I doubt Hypertech targets anything that low. Your best bet is to do a proper boost leak test to make sure it's nothing like that then get rid of that POS. To answer your question in regards to AFR, yes your losing lots of power by running so rich.
    Cobb AP w/RichTune | NATOR D.C. FMIC | 3" ATP MAF | Autotech HPFP internals | HKS SSQV2 | Ebay DP | Mazdaspeed SRI | PG TIP | Denso ITV22 | PTP Intake Gasket | Prosport OCC | Prosport Gauges | TWM Bushings | NATOR D.C. SS | SU RMM | CP-e RDM | Whiteline RSB | Megan Springs w/Drag Bags | AutoExe Strut Tower Bar
    Worlds fastest stock tubro MPS
    12.263 @ 112 mph 1.669 60'
    243 kW 538 Nm

Default Stft very high at WOT

I doubt Hypertech targets anything that low. Your best bet is to do a proper boost leak test to make sure it's nothing like that then get rid of that POS. To answer your question in regards to AFR, yes your losing lots of power by running so rich.
    What about my question re tuning from you? Can u provide me a quote via PM for an AP and to receive a tune by you? Or post here don't matter.
    I'm pretty keen to start this etune process.
    Last edited by Rob777; 29-08-2013 at 06:01 PM.

5. Default

What about my question re tuning from you? Can u provide me a quote via PM for an AP and to receive a tune by you? Or post here don't matter.
    I'm pretty keen to start this etune process.
    Send Rich a PM to get his attention or in his Vendor section on this site, he probably wouldn't be reading every thread here constantly.
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

Or jump on his website

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

7. Default

Or there is a local guy known as @rayd that can now do etuning

Thanks Shane
    Just had a quick skim through this thread rich has covered it, @ WOT the AFRs should never dip that low. Three things can cause that
    1. Incorrect MAF cal (unlikely if it was never modified by anyone)
    2. Incorrectly sized diameter intake MAF housing eg. Someone has put in a custom made intake on your car (also unlikely)
    3. You have a boost leak (most likely). In which case check all clamps and make sure silicone couplers are not split or damaged

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    Thanks Shane
    Just had a quick skim through this thread rich has covered it, @ WOT the AFRs should never dip that low. Three things can cause that
    1. Incorrect MAF cal (unlikely if it was never modified by anyone)
    2. Incorrectly sized diameter intake MAF housing eg. Someone has put in a custom made intake on your car (also unlikely)
    3. You have a boost leak (most likely). In which case check all clamps and make sure silicone couplers are not split or damaged
    Local etuning?? Siick are there any members here who you have tuned? Think i read about this once before actually on FB. I assuming your Ray Dagher?? Pm me a price pretty please! Ap still about 1 or 2 weeks off tho..

100% a leak. I know. Been trying to locate for 2 months now. It is not intake at all which is all Cobb. Not vacuum line. Not first pipe into cooler nor the cold pipe. Is not the throttle body either. Is somewhere between TB and DP. but that my problem I working on which must be done before tuning anyway.
    What area you in to by the way?

Appreciated. Thanks Ray. Be in contact.

Appreciated. Thanks Ray. Be in contact.

will an exhaust leak before the O2 sensor or dirty O2 sensor cause rich AFR?
    Last edited by lup15; 30-08-2013 at 07:54 AM.

exhaust leak before , generally not, dirty O2, not really either.. but a faulty O2 can ...

exhaust leak before , generally not, dirty O2, not really either.. but a faulty O2 can ...
    Faulty O2 sensor would throw CEL wouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by lup15 View Post
    Faulty O2 sensor would throw CEL wouldn't it?
    In most cases yes

And this is why u are going to get my work as soon as AP here Ray. I own my own business and have built a huge reputation on customer service alone. I like to make people earn my money and to receive high customer service in return. Your recent ongoing response to this measly thread is enough to convince me.

As per earlier when I was trying for a richie quote I know I can go onto the website and look myself but I want customer service. Quoting may be annoying but it needs to be done. Anyway just my opinion.

Back to finding the problem which is making me rich but not throwing any codes, dropping boost etc

17. Default

Not sure where this conversation is going lol. I live in Virginia USA so the time zones are a bit different.

It would need to be a pretty significant exhaust leak for your AFR's to be that far off. You can always do a cold start and feel for leaks around the gasket that holds turbo to exhaust mani. Your problem is likely the Hypertech itself.

All good Richie! I was after a quote for a package of a tune and AP. Was trying to work out if any deals around if buying tune and AP from you.

19. Default

All good Richie! I was after a quote for a package of a tune and AP. Was trying to work out if any deals around if buying tune and AP from you.
    Not sure where this conversation is going lol. I live in Virginia USA so the time zones are a bit different.

It would need to be a pretty significant exhaust leak for your AFR's to be that far off. You can always do a cold start and feel for leaks around the gasket that holds turbo to exhaust mani. Your problem is likely the Hypertech itself.

@Rob777; I'll send you a quote in a few minutes for (APv2 shipped + Tune) and (APv3 + Tune shipped)
    That is me
    I have tuned a couple members already and am in the process of doing a few more now aswell.
    My webpage and the etuning section is here:

eTuning - Dagher eSolutions

Feel free to PM me with any enquiry
    I hate to burst your bubble mate but if you plan on advertising here you need to be a vendor and pay your dues. Otherwise, anyone could come in here and claim to be a knowledgeable e-tuner and undercut everyones prices. Nevertheless, if the screen on my iphone cracks, I'll come find you.
    Last edited by richierichness; 31-08-2013 at 02:14 AM.
    Cobb AP w/RichTune | NATOR D.C. FMIC | 3" ATP MAF | Autotech HPFP internals | HKS SSQV2 | Ebay DP | Mazdaspeed SRI | PG TIP | Denso ITV22 | PTP Intake Gasket | Prosport OCC | Prosport Gauges | TWM Bushings | NATOR D.C. SS | SU RMM | CP-e RDM | Whiteline RSB | Megan Springs w/Drag Bags | AutoExe Strut Tower Bar
    Worlds fastest stock tubro MPS
    12.263 @ 112 mph 1.669 60'
    243 kW 538 Nm

Default Stft very high at WOT

@Rob777; I'll send you a quote in a few minutes for (APv2 shipped + Tune) and (APv3 + Tune shipped)

I hate to burst your bubble mate but if you plan on advertising here you need to be a vendor and pay your dues. Otherwise, anyone could come in here and claim to be a knowledgeable e-tuner and undercut everyones prices. Nevertheless, if the screen on my iphone cracks, I'll come find you.
    Make sure you ship it out to Australia via TNT for fast turn around!

I should also mention , you might be better off sending it straight to @Rob777, he owns a large phone repair shop
    Last edited by Rayd; 31-08-2013 at 07:30 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast