User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Car is running like a dog!

apparently there is.....i don't mind a good scratch every now and then though

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    There is a cream for that :P
    I thought it was called a disapproving wife...

Quote Originally Posted by MPSBNE View Post
    Hehe...i seem to have another itch
    Stop scratching, otherwise, you may draw blood.
    You need no more.

Except maybe some different wheels, maybe a vinyl roof, maybe twin sideways mufflers instead of that Magnaflow muffler, maybe, just maybe a little more.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

He needs to put it on the track now and really see how it goes

Quote Originally Posted by missjody9 View Post
    He needs to put it on the track now and really see how it goes
    I'm running out of excuses aren't I
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

Sure are

So thought everything was coming along ok....until today. I originally had the car booked in yesterday for a 2 day tune with gt auto but they cancelled at the last minute (pissed off...yes). So this prompted me to take the car to BTT who is my usual servicing guy. I wanted a dyno done so I could get a read on power and torque seeing as the stage 2 map felt fine.

Where it gets interesting....the read showed 175bhp atw so 128kws!!! Further diagnosis is showing the intake sensor reading temps all over the place and to cap it off there is still an overboosting issue we are reloading the standard map and trouble shooting from there. Hoping to post some graphs tonight. Feeling stressed
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

Compression test to ease your mind lol
    Last edited by dazza; 19-07-2013 at 10:48 AM.

Got logs?

Sounds like MAF sensor issue... Been raining recently?
    Hope things improve!

Yeah, trying to correlate some info today Sam, yes it's been raining the last 2 days.

Betting your maf sensor got wet

Well here's hoping that is all it is , still doesn't explain the overboosting though :-/

Well here's hoping that is all it is , still doesn't explain the overboosting though :-/
    @MPSBNE I had a similar thing changed to S2 tune did a log and on vd it said 153kw and 382nm... i was like I had 183kw and 412nm on S1

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    ~ Radiant Ebony 2005 Mazda 6 MPS ~
    SURE REM - SURE TIP & SRI - Corksport 3" DP - Custom Exhaust - DGR Coilovers - SuperPro RSB - CX Racing FMIC with a 2xs touch - 2xs SSP - NGK Iridium Plugs - Autotech FP internals - AWR TMM & PMM Engine mounts - COBB AP - Hankook
    Ventus S1 EVO2 225/45/18 on custom painted stock black rims - Gold Brake calipers
    Dagher Tuned 195kw atw / 425nm

Quote Originally Posted by auscer View Post
    @MPSBNE I had a similar thing changed to S2 tune did a log and on vd it said 153kw and 382nm... i was like I had 183kw and 412nm on S1

Weird, was that monitoring from cobb ap or on a rolling dyno?

Weird, was that monitoring from cobb ap or on a rolling dyno?
    Cobb ap
    But feels more power and torque than S1
    ~ Radiant Ebony 2005 Mazda 6 MPS ~
    SURE REM - SURE TIP & SRI - Corksport 3" DP - Custom Exhaust - DGR Coilovers - SuperPro RSB - CX Racing FMIC with a 2xs touch - 2xs SSP - NGK Iridium Plugs - Autotech FP internals - AWR TMM & PMM Engine mounts - COBB AP - Hankook
    Ventus S1 EVO2 225/45/18 on custom painted stock black rims - Gold Brake calipers
    Dagher Tuned 195kw atw / 425nm

Interesting....

Ill do another log and see what the outcome is

Default Car is running like a dog!

If I were you il pull apart everything. From turbo inlet pipe to spark plugs. Spray the shit out of Maf. do a leak test and compression test just to be sure. Make sure you using a correct map maybe try reinstalling the Cobb on ur ecu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Harry View Post
    If I were you il pull apart everything. From turbo inlet pipe to spark plugs. Spray the shit out of Maf. do a leak test and compression test just to be sure. Make sure you using a correct map maybe try reinstalling the Cobb on ur ecu

hey mate,
    I'm not really great at the whole hands-on aspect so i've entrusted a complete inspection to my usual mechanic who is also proficient at tuning & diagnostics. I'm just about to post up some results now showing dyno runs of the cobb stock map and the stage 2 map i've been using along with some graphs that will show a more transparent overview of the problems.

I asked Rob (mechanic) to dumb it down as much as possible. He believes that there's nothing mechanically wrong & that the exhaust system is running so efficiently that it is causing the overboosting issue. He was saying that with a good tune and adjusting the timing should resolve the problem. But fundmental problem is the stock wastegate housing is to small, so has suggested boring this out as a permanent solution. Apparently it's a common issue he faces with the XR6 turbos when they perform similar exhaust upgrades. I'm kinda making sense of things in my own head so i hope i'm explaining myself correctly

anyways....results to follow
    Last edited by LRRH; 19-07-2013 at 02:14 PM.

I think it's time to get serious.... @slixx Stratified here i come

Results from today's dyno

http://s1110.photobucket.com/user/mp...?sort=3&page=1
    Last edited by LRRH; 20-07-2013 at 02:56 PM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast