User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CEL came one

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    I used Shell VPower exclusively for years and years. I do notice a slightly better fuel economy from the BP stuff, but I'm a little worried now. Got a few more month to go to get enough data to get a conclusive result. We'll see
    I use Shell again I changed to BP for a coupe fills and the car appeared to run better on the BP but same issue as you I started to get CEL light. Mazda checked and yes fuel related.

So have gone back to shell and surprise surprise no more CEL's.

Simontards , I would pay $10 to see him in those

Ok so my CEL keeps intermittently come on and off depending on it's mood

I have stopped using BP fuel and am using Caltex Vortex. I have been doing so for about 3weeks now, but I feel I am missing some pep out of my car

I have just gone this morning to clear my CEL again from my dealership and they confirmed it was the same code from before I switched to Caltex. Lean Mixture

Looks like I am going back to the Shell V-Power again

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

For the melbourne members if anyone needs a Dashhawk for error codes and such i have one in the car so just pm me.

Pete that sucks about the fuel, maybe could be something else like in the tank that contaminates the fuel??? or a slack fuel filter?

I fill up with BP about 95% of the time and the rest with shell. Never had an issue if you can find a Mobil put some 8000 in see if that fixes her up.

I driving up to Sydney on Friday to visit Tunehouse to get some quotes and advice on some mods

Hopefully some Flashlube and a good long drive will clear anything up. Otherwise I'll definitely give u a buzz to set up a meet

Thanks bakis

Peter "SLIXX"

Good of you to offer James!!!

Sucks about the CEL Peter. Sounds a bit odd personally. That's too often. I presume you don't always get fuel from the exact same garage?

Over then next week or so i'll be busy but after then should start to free up

James. I've had the CEL cleared twice by my dealer stating it was bad fuel. Gone back to Shell VPower and have driven my car to Sydney

On the last full up had to fill up with Shell Premium unleaded (95RON) and the CEL came up again!!

Might hit u up when I get back home

Peter "SLIXX"

Is the car modified in any way? SRI or DP?

If it's stock then a lean fuel mix can be a worrying sign. Do you know what the error code was? Was it intake or emissions related? The fact it has reoccured kinda eliminates bad fuel as a cause.

Rock stock

P0132 Fuel Bank Cylinder 1

Confusing :S

Peter "SLIXX"

I have a dashawk and am in Melbourne too if you need

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

12. Default

Could you have an air leak? I had a CEL and after retightening all hoses and resetting the ECU - no CEL.

Hey guys
    It's been 3 months and I had my 50k service and a ECU update and the CEL keeps popping up

P0132 Fuel Bank Cylinder 1
    Left Bank Lean

Mazda Dealer has no idea what it might be. They said after the service if it come back on to leave it with them for 4-5 days so they can monitor what is actually causing the problem. They said we know it isn't damaging the vehicle, but just hate knowing that there might be a problem

Plus I'm a bit hesitant to leave it with since the Service Manager at Garry & Warren Smith Mazda Mulgrave has defected to Berwick Nissan. He was fantastic and honest and always had time for a chat.

Anyone else had this CEL code or this problem? Everytime its cleared it pops up 1-2 days later

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Do you have an intake or downpipe?

Tried cleaning your MAF sensor Pete? Might be a long-shot, but from what I can see something's telling your ECU that the engine is running lean (one of the O2 sensors near the cat maybe?)

If your MAF sensor is dirty, it could be feeding inaccurate data to the ECU about the actual amount of air flow into your engine (ie not metering all of the air passing through) and in turn the ECU isn't feeding enough fuel in to match the actual air rate

Just a thought
    Last edited by Caffeine Fiend; 26-12-2011 at 12:35 PM.

Went to visit LoopyMPS who had a OBDII reader.

New code come up
    P0171

Any clues guys?

Peter "SLIXX"

firstly... Let Me Google That

means you're running lean

Thanks mate. I will do that from now on!

We cleared the code and cleaned the MAF sensor and air filter

Gonna see what happens after a few days and then speak to Mazda

Edit:
    Thanks to the advice above, found this website:
    http://www.obd-codes.com/p0171

Might have fixed it with the cleaning of the MAF and air filter

Peter "SLIXX"
    Last edited by slixx; 04-02-2012 at 11:14 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12