User Tag List

Thread: House paint on leather - helppppp

Default House paint on leather - helppppp

Hi guys, was painting the other day and got some paint on the back of my shorts...only thing is now what i did was get in the car and the paint rubbed off on my leather...i only saw it yesterday so its been baking in the sun for 2 or 3 days!!Any idea on how to get it off?

I have the duragloss leather cleaner and conditioner..will that work??

Thanks mate

Give the cleaner a go and let us know what happens. I haven't personally come across this but if the leather cleaner doesn't work (which I think might be the case) then I will speak to one of our professional clients for you.

NIFTI Best stuff, comes in white spray bottle from coles or woolworths, i got some 2pac paint on my drivers side seat (red leather) and asked dad who is an ex-spray painter and he put me onto nifti. And after some rubbing the paint came off.

And it also didnt tanish my leather at all also doubles well as a cleaner too removes dirt and grime Hope that works for ya !

Leather cleaner, then incresingly stronger solutions of GPC ... after that well i dont know

I suggest alcohol

don't worry lynchy, I don't mean beer

get some of those alcohol whipes from probably any paint supplier
    I used to use them to clean overspray off vinyl trims with great success. Anything else would take the colour out

try a little thinner/isopropyl alcohol on a white lintless cloth. If you take a little off, try another area of the cloth...that way what you have taken off doesnt smear back on the seat. Just watch out for discolouration of the leather.

then use a leather protectant on it pronto once the thinner on the leather dries...
    Hope that helps