User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fifth Gear Car Wash Test

Good old bucket and sponge, and some TLC always gets the best results

Quote Originally Posted by BradstaMS View Post
    Good old bucket and sponge, and some TLC always gets the best results
    Or even better, good old TWO buckets and sponge!

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    Thanks Joel
    you have to remember, dirt sits on the top of a sponge, regardless o how much water you use!! plus the water will get contaminated too!!
    you will do more damge this way inless you thoroughly wash your sponge, rinse the bucket etc!!
    just easier to use meeee!!!
    i think i qoted the wrong quote to... CBF TO CHANGE!!
    Last edited by Mr Nasa; 24-09-2009 at 08:21 AM.
    '
    'BRISBANE AUTOSHINE' MOBILE CAR DETAILING
    1300 35 65 95
    0406 427 269
    antony@autoshine.com.au
    www.autoshine.com.au
    GIFT VOUCHERS AND CLUB DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE**

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nasa View Post
    you have to remember, dirt sits on the top of a sponge, regardless o how much water you use!! plus the water will get contaminated too!!
    you will do more damge this way inless you thoroughly wash your sponge, rinse the bucket etc!!
    just easier to use meeee!!!
    i think i qoted the wrong quote to... CBF TO CHANGE!!
    Two bucket method mate. One bucket for the suds, one bucket of fresh water.

You wash the car in sections starting from cleanest to dirtiest (pretty much top to bottom) eg. roof, bonnet, hatch, sides upper, front bar, sides lower, rear bar.

After you wash a section you never dip the mitt/sponge back in the suds straight away. You clean the mitt/sponge in the water bucket first. Once the mitt is clean again then it can enter the suds.

The suds bucket remains perfectly clean so you aren't dipping your mitt into a bucket of grit and dragging it across the car.

If the fresh water bucket gets too dirty you just empty it and fill it with fresh water again.

Quote Originally Posted by ZAS View Post
    A wash mitt.

Some sponges are ok though, just not the ones you find at Super Cheap for 50 cents.
    I purchased a wash mit a while back and threw it away. It was a cheap one, but it gave me the feeling that the dirt n grit was deep in the pile of it.

The proper ones from Meguiars dont hold dirt deep in the pile do they?
    Timbo

14 Mazda BT50 xt Boss Kit
    13 Volvo XC60 R-Design
    10 VR 3 Neo
    08 CX9 Luxury (sold)
    09 VR 3 MPS Luxury (sold)

6. Default

I can name many waxes that cost more than that.. NOOB

Thought I'd resurrect this thread as it still holds much relevance to car washing

Also fixed the youtube link from the first post:

I bought a foaming lance a while back - best thing I ever bought for my Karcher.

Foam up the whole car and then high pressure wash it off
    The 2 bucket method

how much and where did u get it from?

We have foam lances coming in end of the month. I can tell you forum price for a high pressure unit will be about 90 bucks.

We have foam lances coming in end of the month. I can tell you forum price for a high pressure unit will be about 90 bucks.
    Nice.

Now all I need is a better high pressure washer.... ie one that can take a foam lance attachment :/
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

I believe you can get a foam lance that uses the water pressure from the tap but I have heard they don't work anywhere near as well.

We will also have the ones for the tap Just waiting for the shipment to arrive.

Price on those ones for forum members will be $80.96

We will also have the ones for the tap Just waiting for the shipment to arrive.

Price on those ones for forum members will be $80.96
    Got linky?
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

They aren't on the website yet mate as they haven't arrived yet. Most likely we will do a little special on them too when we get them, so might be worth waiting for

On another note - I purchased a new Gerni from Bunnings the other day. They had a whole bunch of what looked like last years models on special too if you're keep for a good deal. You'll get a good one for about $200'ish

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

This is what the hose ones look like

I have a Karcher that cost about that. but it's only a pissy little K2 with a plastic pump and putting out less than 1500 psi

It does ok for 90% of what I use it for, but it's heading towards the end of its life I think.... I'm probably asking a bit more of it than the occasional use it's designed for

Next one will be of a higher spec (Gerni or Karcher, don't mind)

That foam lance looks ok. Let me know when you get them in

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

That's not the high pressure one though. The one you'll want is the same as the "autobrite" one every gets.

Get a gerni mate. Longer hose, better pumps. The model I got is the classic 125.2 has 1820psi and a 6m hose. Was $290 I think. Power wise it's not much less than machines twice it's price.

Yep, know its just a hose attached one, just want something to tide me over till I update my pressure cleaner

Though that's not a bad price for that spec Gerni mate . Was looking at the +2k psi units, but then we're talking $800+ ...... Fairly reasonable outlay :/

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

Yeah that's what I mean mate. A little over 2k psi for 800+ or a little under 2k psi for sub 300. Of course though if you have the coin for it, then why not buy the don of gerni's

This is the high pressure unit. I got this image off google and it's identical. We will be selling each one with all the adapters rather than having to pick which one, so it is still your best option. You can use the Karcher connection with your current machine and then if you buy a gerni, you can use the gerni attachment.

My current Karcher can't take additional attachments unfortunately..... it's too cheap and nasty

The water lance and the hose are integrated (not a snap-on snap-off arrangement) and from memory its the same deal between the hose and the body of the Karcher.

Will have a closer look at those Gernis though mate. Thanks for that

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast