User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dan's Garage - 2011 BMW 1M Coupe - White

Top notch effort as always Dan! My first yearly paint correction is coming up me thinks!

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    Now have to work out a time with the owner to book his other toy in

PLEASE do a detail on this one.

Genuine RS?
    Metro Grey '08 MPS Sports - Cobb SF SRI - 17x9 +45 Enkei RPF-1 - 245/40 Yoko AD08s - 163fwkw on Tunehouse Dyno

Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedDave View Post
    Top notch effort as always Dan! My first yearly paint correction is coming up me thinks!
    Thanks Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dru View Post

Genuine RS?
    Gotta work out dates, but the owner is keen to have it done

It's a ground-up faithful reproduction. Quite meticulous
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Default Dan's Garage - 2011 BMW 1M Coupe - White

Genuine RS?
    The Porsche is a 1986. Completely stripped and recreated as a '73 Carrera RS with all genuine parts from Porsche including the shell

So instead of the 2.7 it has a 3.2l motor, but all the little details have been looked at, but with all the mod cons of course

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Nice work Dan ..interested to know more about this stainless steel sealant you used...does this allow for easier cleaning of the carbon build-up inside the exhaust pipes or is it supposed to slow down the build up (so i don't have to clean every 5 seconds )?

Default Re: Dan's Garage - 2011 BMW 1M Coupe - White

That is absolutely amazing. We could really use you over here in WA.
    Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Guys

Bobby, the 3M Stainless Steel spray is available from most hardware stores. It's good to give a light layer of protection. Durability is OK but if you want a true sealant you can use a product like Finish Kare 1000p High Temp Sealant

http://www.zas.com.au/product/328/fi...ant_411gm.html

It works well on wheels too

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

How does this go with carbon buildup on tips etc? Help it wash off easily? Same with wheels I would imagine?

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    The Porsche is a 1986. Completely stripped and recreated as a '73 Carrera RS with all genuine parts from Porsche including the shell

So instead of the 2.7 it has a 3.2l motor, but all the little details have been looked at, but with all the mod cons of course

Peter "SLIXX"
    Nice spotting. I suppose what really gives it away is the rear arches!

I'm wanting to get myself a 86 - 89 Carrera down the track, with the 3.2 and turbo body....would like to try and track down a supersport from the UK even $$$ though.
    Metro Grey '08 MPS Sports - Cobb SF SRI - 17x9 +45 Enkei RPF-1 - 245/40 Yoko AD08s - 163fwkw on Tunehouse Dyno

10. Default

One of the doctors at work has a 2010 1-series coupe, should've been a M1 but they didn't make one back then.

He hardly drives it, but had an issue with the 2nd turbo not really doing it's thing. Took it to the dealer, got it fixed, start to spin wheels leaving the driveway!

Gorgeous cars though, they really are! One of the few BMW vehicles I actually like.

Great work on the detail Dan... still amazed at a professionals' work.

Cheers Owen

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    How does this go with carbon buildup on tips etc? Help it wash off easily? Same with wheels I would imagine?
    It does make it easier, but obviously if the carbon is left there for an extended period of time (in the case of these exhausts) then nothing will protect it. It was probably several months since those exhausts has a decent clean and the carbon deposits had etched themselves onto the metal

Nice spotting. I suppose what really gives it away is the rear arches!

I'm wanting to get myself a 86 - 89 Carrera down the track, with the 3.2 and turbo body....would like to try and track down a supersport from the UK even $$$ though.
    Not really!
    The customer is my brother-in-law so I know the car well!

Drives like an old scroll Porsche should!! So fun to cruise around with and such a looker on the road

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    Cheers Owen

It does make it easier, but obviously if the carbon is left there for an extended period of time (in the case of these exhausts) then nothing will protect it. It was probably several months since those exhausts has a decent clean and the carbon deposits had etched themselves onto the metal

Fair enough. I try and wash weekly but still notice the exhaust tips get black fairly quickly. If this helps wash it straight off it would only help
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

The joys of turbo cars

15. Default

Turbo cars or just rich-running Mazdas???

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349220132.852693.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	108.7 KB 
ID:	12568

Just dirty ass mazdas.....

But no, I had a skyline that painted my garage wall black, and a stagea that used to put mists of fuel on the windscreen of following cars.

With turbos, rich = safe.

I hope that's photo shopped...

No idea. Saved the pic on my phone ages ago, based on the rear wheel fitment it probably is - rims look like they're from VAD design though - and they certainly push the boundaries, as per their Rauh Welt copy Porsche built in Perth.

Jaysus........

I like the coloured inserts in the front bumper though
    @slixx - maybe suggest that to Claude.... would look HAWT on his white

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12