User Tag List

Thread: FW1 Racing forumla Wash/Wax

1. Default FW1 Racing forumla Wash/Wax

Hi Guys,

Has anyone tried the FW1 racing formula dry wash and wax cleaning product?

I know most of you guys use the more professional grade products out there but i must admit i was impressed with its anti dust clinging properties for the wheels and windows

Has anyone had any experience with this product?

I talked the guy down to a price i thought was reasonable just to give it a try - will let you know how things go in a few weeks when i really see how long the break dust stays off my rims !

Dave

I've got several cans at home that I have used in the past.

You --MUST-- clean the car completely first. I don't care what the can says, you spray this onto a dirty car, you'll wreck the paint.

It takes a crapload of effort to remove all the swirls and stuff from it once applied, my ex and I spent a whole day buffing my old Focus to a mirror finish (The day before Perths monster hail storm, so I did have a pretty shiny golf ball afterwards).

I do like it for the finish it gives. But it is a lot of effort to use. But it does make the car shiny, I don't know if its better than anything else for the same price though. I wouldn't use it if I didn't win a dozen cans being the 'x'th number person to rock up at Caltex one morning.
    MPS6

I got a can of it once, it worked quite well, didn't last very long and was too expensive for me to think about buying again.

Waterless wash products can have their place, but it's a very specific place.

If you're in an area with extremely heavy water restrictions they can be employed as long as some common sense rules are followed to maintain the paintwork.

Ideally though, if you were to use them, it would be for spot cleaning or if the car is only lightly dirty (eg light layer of road dust etc)

Have several clean microfibre towels available and turn them regularly. Ideally change to a new one every 1-2 panels

If you're interested, Optimum make an excellent waterless wash product. It's also IMO better value for money as it will go further

Premix version in spray bottle: Optimum Opti-Clean Waterless Wash 502ml

Bulk version (makes 15lt): Optimum Opti-Clean Waterless Wash 4x Concentrate 3.8L

Dan
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

5. Default

Cheers for the opinions guys -

and thanks Dan for your advice