User Tag List

Thread: New Corksport Passenger Mount and Tranny mount inserts

1. Default New Corksport Passenger Mount and Tranny mount inserts

Hi All,

Just came across this:

CorkSport Mazda Performance – Blog » Dual Product Release!! CorkSport Mazdaspeed 3 Passenger Side Motor Mount and Transmission Insert

Looks interesting.

Was reading this forum on MSF and one of the users (mrmonk7663) summarised the mounts:

"With all 3 mounts in place headshake and torque steer were very limited. Rapid part throttle acceleration from a slow roll would yield torque steer some, but it was controllable. The addition of the tranny mount to complement the other JBR mounts was the part that really transformed torque steer. Wheel hop has not been an issue.

Going back to the PMM and accelerating rapidly has yielded a small amount of torque steer, but really no more than I felt before. Again, the transmission mount in my opinion is what reigned in the torque steer on this car for me.

To sum it up.

RMM - helped launching, engine slapping, wheel hop, stiffen things up
    PMM - helped stiffen everything up by a large amount, transferring more power to ground instead of wasting energy absorbed by mount
    TMM - helped control/eliminate torque steer, stiffen things up
    "

Exactly right changing all the mounts does help a lot. My first impression was WOW after changing all the mounts.

3. Default

Was it too harsh after changing all mounts?

Quote Originally Posted by allo80 View Post
    Was it too harsh after changing all mounts?
    Oh yeah I got 75 duro. They still harsh
    Edit: good thing is u actually feel the road coz race car