User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chiptorque - more info??

Default Chiptorque - more info??

Hi Chiptorque,

As you now have a link on the forum here advertising your new flash tune...how about some info? Cannot see any info on ur website and none here on the forum? Only Exede info can I find.

Tnx

Search is your friend...you even posted in the thread...

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/elect...que-flash.html

Quote Originally Posted by TallDan View Post
    Search is your friend...you even posted in the thread...

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/elect...que-flash.html

Nah I am not after forum chit-chat. Chiptorque have advertised for thier "New custom Flash" on this forum with a banner, ""clickable" to thier website. Being in marketing myself, generally an advertiser backs up the advertisement with detailed information of the product they are promoting to sell. Nothing about this new custom flash on the website.

chit chat? its only three pages.. sheesh.
    Maybe their website is not regularly updated or is in the process.
    If all else fails feel free to contact them via phone or email,

Quote Originally Posted by ChipTorque View Post
    ChipTorque have been assessing and developing flash tuning technology
    for the Mazda 3 MPS. Our first development vehicle is a Mazda 3 MPS that has previously been driving for a few years using the ChipTorque XEDE Processor. This opportunity has allowed us to get a great comparison between these 2 tuning methods and has really highlighted the advantages of Reflash over Intercepting the factory ECU.

With full control of the factory ECU ChipTorque’s dyno programmers are enthused to find that they have been able to hold the throttle open longer allowing for the Mazda 3 MPS to extend its power range higher in the rev range. Previously with the XEDE Processor peak power was achieved at 5,500rpm, then dropped above that point. Now with the flash
    tune, we have seen peak power at a similar rpm point and beyond but where it previously dropped in power, now holding this power through to the rev limit.

This power extention isn’t just experienced at peak power, the Mazda 3 MPS adopts this characteristic throughout transitional gear changes, reducing loss of power through gear changes. Additionally the flash tune technology has allowed our tuners to adjust cam timing for some exciting response improvements at part throttle. In addition to driveability benefits, the flash tune has achieved performance gains equally as impressive when compared to the same vehicle tuned with XEDE Processor. Our development team are working to integrate the Ezy-FLASH for use on Mazda vehicles, but right now we are flashing directly into the factory ECU, paired with an in-house custom dyno tune.

We still offer the XEDE Processor for the Mazda 3 MPS, achieving great performance gains for standard or modified Mazda 3 MPS vehicles. This system can be installed locally to you by your local auto electrician and with XMap tuning software, custom dyno tuning your vehicle now or in the future is simple for your local dyno tuner.

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

Unfortunately the original test vehicle was not strapped correctly on the dyno during this initial development, which has prevented me from giving you some accurate dyno graph comparisons between XEDE and Flash Tune. The actual car has now actually been traded in, so I can't show you this.

What I can show is some other Flash Tuned vehicles....

Here's some graphs from a stock standard Mazda 3 MPS

And here's a graph from a stock standard Mazda 6 MPS. This vehicle does have a history with ChipTorque, previously being installed with an XEDE Processor. However, this particular car had a replacement Mazda ECU and an updated Mazda file in between the XEDE and Flash change. Interestingly the vehicle showed more power running the updated Mazda file, this is reflected in the 'As Driven' power run.

Quote Originally Posted by ChipTorque View Post
    ChipTorque plans to have the Mazda Ezy-FLASH available within the next 12 months. This will give users the choice of multiple aftermarket tunes that you reflash into the vehicle yourself plus the option to reflash back to the factory tune at any time.

The level of development we have achieved means that we can directly flash ChipTorque's aftermarket tune into the vehicle ECU and right now this is only available in conjunction with a custom dyno tune at our Gold Coast premises. We are also aiming to get this to a level where we can provide this upgrade to mail order customers, which would involve mailing your ECU to ChipTorque.

Leah @ CT

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

No, not at this time, sorry, but I'd say SAS will be one of our first dealers to be supporting this once our tuning software is released. For now, to provide you with the ChipTorque flash tune you'd be looking at a holiday on the Gold Coast plus approximately $800 to $1000 for the 2WD ChipTorque custom flash tune.

Leah @ CT
    Last edited by Jmac; 31-08-2009 at 11:43 PM.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Quote Originally Posted by chipped View Post
    Nah I am not after forum chit-chat. Chiptorque have advertised for thier "New custom Flash" on this forum with a banner, ""clickable" to thier website. Being in marketing myself, generally an advertiser backs up the advertisement with detailed information of the product they are promoting to sell. Nothing about this new custom flash on the website.
    Jmac was kind enough to quote their post from that thread for you which has plenty of info, it was post #13...which you would have seen if you scrolled down and actually read for more than 2 minutes...

As was suggested, if the information available wasn't to your satisfaction use your initiative and pick up the phone or send them an email direct (as I ended up doing).

Being in marketing, you would know that many smaller firms can't afford the time and/or money to update their website every week or month. Maybe the information about the custom flash is being saved for when they are able to launch nationally with their Ezy-Flash product, as it's still in development.

Edit: Forgot to add, you had also asked for info available on the forum, which there is. Maybe a message to them saying "Hey I noticed that you are advertising the custom flash on the forum but there's nothing on your website yet. Will the website be updated soon?" That would have met your intent.
    Last edited by TD; 01-09-2009 at 06:38 AM.

Oh!
    If you get a reply from them it would be great to post the info up so that if anyone else has the same questions they would be covered!.
    Did you have any questions in particular? ChipTorque should check the forum from time to time and reply to you.

thanks guys for all your responses but my initial question was actually addressed to Chiptorque as it is thier thread so to speak. I sent them an e-mail 4 weeks ago..no response...so I thought I might get a response from them on the forum...given I should have just given them a call but I rarely find time during work hours plus the time difference being on the Westcoast
    Thanks Lynchy for the Chiptorque info I tought I'd searched high and low but obviously not enough...still bit of a newb to the forum thing...yeah now I see a "search" funtion at the top of the page...derr.....

Blog Entries

They should certainly be responding to emails by now that were sent four weeks ago- and they are forum sponsors so they should also be on the site responding to questions people ask- It is certainly easier to post here and give one answer to everyone then receive 20 emails on the same subject...

Quote Originally Posted by chipped View Post
    Thanks Lynchy for the Chiptorque info I tought I'd searched high and low but obviously not enough...still bit of a newb to the forum thing...yeah now I see a "search" funtion at the top of the page...derr.....
    Your welcome but i didnt do anything

*Cough*

No worries mate, I wasn't having a dig..
    What I would recommend would be to publish a few questions on the information you would like to know and when CT checks the site they can reply.. Just asking for more information is a bit vague.

Quote Originally Posted by LYNCHY View Post
    Your welcome but i didnt do anything

derr there I go again...I mean thanks JMAC. JMAC are you the same JMAC from VWWatercooled forum whom I bought the front control susp arm bushes from for Polo Gti? (sorry if off tpoic)

Nope

Not me, though someone has asked me that before (VWWatercooled)

anyone had any responses from chiptorque?

I think it would be nice if a Forum Sponsor actually contributed to the Forum they were sponsoring..................

Quote Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
    I think it would be nice if a Forum Sponsor actually contributed to the Forum they were sponsoring..................

Current: 2002 Nissan S15 200SX SPEC R
    Previously: 2006 Mazda 6 MPS ,MY00 WRX CLUB SPEC EVO IV Hatch ,97' Nissan S14A 200sx, Nissan R34 GT-T, Nissan S12 Silvia

Blog Entries

I have emailed my contact at CT to notify them of this thread.

Cheers

Blog Entries

Isn't there a CT person on here already?

Blog Entries

Yeah, and I just received a reply to my email. Leah will be back on the forum very soon.

Cheers
    Rowan

Quote Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
    I think some people should be happy that they ARE sponsoring the forum..
    Im sure they do not have much time to check back very often.. as mentioned if you are very eager please give them a ring and let the rest of us know the good news.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Im gald they are a sponsor, its great for the Forum.
    Obviously they cant reply instantly to all posts, as Mazda's arent the only focus for their business, its totally understandable they have time restraints & other jobs to do.
    Maybe they havent replied because they are busy returning phone calls........im still waiting since last November!!!!!!!!!!!
    My eagerness is slowly subsiding...........
    Last edited by AD07; 08-09-2009 at 12:02 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast