User Tag List

Thread: Aftermarket amp on bose sub

1. Default Aftermarket amp on bose sub

Hi all,

Was so disappointed with the bose sub so looking at a few options.

Anyone replaced the OEM Bose Amp with an Aftermarket one? Would it make a difference?

Also has anyone tried that deadening material on the parcel shelf to stop the vibrations? did that work?

Any other suggestions apart from buying a new sub, didnt really want anything in the boot as need it for stroller space haha

Cheers,

Sound deadning will help!!!! Not sure how the sub is mounted, Look at MDF mounting ring for the sub to mount onto both these will improve the sound

3. Default

Whats the MDF mounting ring? where can i get this?

Cheers,

Hey mate, i've replaced the BOSE Sub with a Mono Block amp and hooked a sub in the boot, personally sound deading is good but i found removing most of the base from the doors and feeding it through the aftermarket sub the best way...

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/how-t...stock-sub.html

That's the thread but you could also have amp on the sub instead of under the seat.

5. Default

Your pretty lucky you have the sub under seat, if i remove my sub im not sure what to replace it with haa..

Can someone enlighten me on what the factory amp actually runs? is it a 5ch amp running all the speakers and sub? or is it running just the sub? anyone know where I can find the specs for the amp and also the size of the bose sub?

Cheers,
    Last edited by Qwooootz; 31-03-2011 at 10:22 PM.

Not sure on the specs but, the BOSE sub is like 4" and it actually does nothing, once i removed it i played a track with bass on +4 and there was 0 difference between it with the stock sub or not, the doors do alot of the bass. The dimension on the sub enclosure is like 20cm by 35cm and only like 5cm thick.

I'm not 100% but the BOSE amp i think powers all the speakers as well as standard sub.

7. Default

Thanks, so basically what you did on yours was add an amp and a sub and run those together, then let everything else run factory?

you can do something like this. which is simple, lay your sound deadning than cut your 12/15mm mdf and bolt down

Than add a aftermarket sub and amp

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    you can do something like this. which is simple, lay your sound deadning than cut your 12/15mm mdf and bolt down

Than add a aftermarket sub and amp
    It's a bit hard to see, the photo is quite small, but have you put the sound deadening material all over the floor of the hatch area under the spare tyre and amp? I assume it's helps with keeping the worst of the exhaust drone out of the car?
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Quote Originally Posted by Qwooootz View Post
    Thanks, so basically what you did on yours was add an amp and a sub and run those together, then let everything else run factory?
    Yeah basically, i was told by my mate that runs beyond customs that the hatches are good for sound insulation and cause little vibration which is true, so far only rear wiper and spoiler would vibrate on huge bass.

But yeah you can either have the mono under the seat like i do or have the mono attached to the sub and run all the wires into the boot.
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

The rear wing vibe is an easy fix. Just need to take it off and add some thicker padding between it and the body. I did this with mine a couple of weeks ago and the difference is huge, even with just opening and closing the hatch. No vibes in the wing at all now

Not sure about the wiper, but some dynamat under the rear hatch plastic trim would probably help. There are a heap of plastic wiring loom clips behind there which also can vibe. I've stuck those down with some double sided tape too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Caffeine Fiend; 03-04-2011 at 11:50 AM.
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

12. Default

hey luke that looks really good, could you attach a bigger picture to get a better idea..?

i'm thinking of dynamating the whole car first see how that goes before adding any extra doof doof at the back.. probally add kilos they ey. anyone done this? or have reccomendations to where i can get this done?
    Last edited by Qwooootz; 03-04-2011 at 09:35 PM.