User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Re flash Mazda 6 MPS ECU

Quote Originally Posted by jnin View Post
    Hey mate I had a look and they are in US?
    Any resellers in AU?
    Cheers
    There are some on ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by wesley View Post
    There are some on ebay.
    Something like this?

HYPERTECH MAX ENERGY SPORT PROGRAMMER MAZDA 62003 (eBay item 280646124807 end time 18-Apr-11 09:16:20 AEST) : eBay Motors

I can I set it up or do I have to go to someone else to tune it?

Very easy to do yourself.

I am keen to this as well. Something less than 800USD and everything is included. I presume that the kit doesnt come from a known brand...

Mazda MAZDASPEED 6 T3T4 TurboCharger Turbo Kit (eBay item 350419473294 end time 03-Apr-11 06:27:26 AEST) : eBay Motors

Everything may be included by have a look at the installation notes

Most of these parts are direct bolt-ons. Some are not.
    • The piping needs to be fitted up. Because of the bends and couplers included, it should be simple.
    • The T3 turbo flange needs to be welded to an adapter pipe or directly to the stock manifold.
    • To run this on a street car, the turbocharger down pipe will need to be connected to your existing exhaust. Expect to fabricate an adapter pipe or have an exhaust shop connect them.
    You may as well pay extra to have 100% fitment rather than pay someone to rejig the parts in this kit.
    Nuliaj: Hatches are only really half a car anyway.
    shinslinger66: And you forgot to add that they are also a girls car!

Quote Originally Posted by Nuliaj View Post
    Everything may be included by have a look at the installation notes

You may as well pay extra to have 100% fitment rather than pay someone to rejig the parts in this kit.
    Will it cost another 1000 dollars to install everything?

How long is a piece of string. Once you minus the cost difference, ask yourself is it worth the cost savings? I can't answer that for you, but in my opinion, I certainly would be buying from someone with a good track record and proven fitment.

In the case that you've done all that welding and rejigging and there's an issue, do you think the ebay guy will accept the parts back if you want an exchange/refund?

Quote Originally Posted by Nuliaj View Post
    How long is a piece of string. Once you minus the cost difference, ask yourself is it worth the cost savings? I can't answer that for you, but in my opinion, I certainly would be buying from someone with a good track record and proven fitment.

In the case that you've done all that welding and rejigging and there's an issue, do you think the ebay guy will accept the parts back if you want an exchange/refund?
    You are right on this. There is no turning back. Once you start you have to finish it. Unless if a part comes damaged. I never had any issues from ebay and if I had I got a refund from paypal. Besides the only big problem might be on the intercooler or with the turbo which you can send back. On the wielding side its just pipes...

On the other hand though for a branded kit they are asking are too much (quality might be a bit better but it doesnt justify the big gap in price). Also reflashing the ECU is very expensive...Dont you think? I dont know if its worth paying 2k for 50hp more

I have had a fantastic custom flash tune by the guys down at Southern Motor Works in Wollongong.

Their price was a lot more competative than what the opening post has quoted!

Quote Originally Posted by jnin View Post
    You are right on this. There is no turning back. Once you start you have to finish it. Unless if a part comes damaged. I never had any issues from ebay and if I had I got a refund from paypal. Besides the only big problem might be on the intercooler or with the turbo which you can send back. On the wielding side its just pipes...

On the other hand though for a branded kit they are asking are too much (quality might be a bit better but it doesnt justify the big gap in price). Also reflashing the ECU is very expensive...Dont you think? I dont know if its worth paying 2k for 50hp more
    i would be going with the branded kit from a good performance shop - at least you know the work is going to get done properly and that if anything goes wrong you have a place to take it back to.....

Quote Originally Posted by VGP View Post
    I have had a fantastic custom flash tune by the guys down at Southern Motor Works in Wollongong.

Their price was a lot more competative than what the opening post has quoted!
    How much?

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by IBOMPS View Post
    i would be going with the branded kit from a good performance shop - at least you know the work is going to get done properly and that if anything goes wrong you have a place to take it back to.....
    Of course I am with you but how much it will cost a branded kit?

Pm Sent

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12