User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mazda 3 Incar entertainment system

Default Mazda 3 Incar entertainment system

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone out there has replaced their existing stock audio system with one of those aftermarket touch screen DVD, GPS, etc units??

Cheers

Andrew
    (SIRMPS)

Sure, Jenx has one of these, looks great too, very nice

Check out something like this Eclipse | Kit 1 here's some pics of the install. Ask Jenx for more info, I'm sure he'll be happy to help.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Yeah i have, i just added the GPS module onto my deck as my particular model didnt have it built in

I like that, looks nice and neat.
    May I ask how much that cost installed?

I know Jenx was over 2K I think it was around 2.5K or so. The pioneer looks pretty good also.
    In any case they add value to the car IMO. Some rough price and links for info, not sure if they help.

Eclipse POA price

Pioneer Prices as listed (uninstalled)

Alpine $2199.00 see the Alpine summer catalogue here

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

2XS put up some pics of some that he has available recently...

Will try to find the post...

[EDIT] http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/2xs-r...tml#post148821

Sees they are around $390 inc postage... [/EDIT]

Chris.
    Last edited by Victa; 05-01-2011 at 01:09 PM.

I have the Pioneer Avic F20bt

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...tml#post129867
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dash1.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	6976  

ive got the eclipse AVN installed. Its got bluetooth, gps, reverse camera, plays dvd etc and the ipod/usb lead for playing your ipod or mp3's
    I got a deal for $2200 here in Perth.
    Im away at work at the moment but can take some pics if you like once I get home next week.

I got a "no-name" brand of Ebay for $400.
    It's got bluetooth, gps, reverse camera, digital tv, dvd player, ipod/usb connection.
    I wouldn't say it's a Pioneer or a kenwood, but for that price I am over the moon.
    Had it for 6 months now and very happy with it
    Cheers
    Jim

Bit off topic...

I just had my car serviced on Tuesday and i mentioned to them that some of the songs would skip but they didnt on any other cd player, but it wasnt a massive drama for me...When i came to pick up the car they told me they had ordered a brand new one to go in because mine is screwed WOW lucky i have an extended warranty on my car

Thanks Guys

I was looking at one of these Eonon D5102 | Car DVD | Specific Car DVD | Car DVD for Mazda 3 for my MPS but the thing is it doesnt have that piano black finish

unless u can get oz maps for it, i wouldn't get GPS headunits from overseas... cause then it would be pointless

There is always a compromise with build in GPS. Even in the GENII the built in GPS has nothing on my newish Garmin Nuvi 1490 with also has traffic maps and loads of support and updates from Garmin.

Has anyone got a cost to update the maps on their in-built GPS? Probably not free.

Personally I'd keep it simple and go for a system that sounds great. Spend the change on a quality Garmin or Tom Tom GPS.

I got rid of my tomtom for the eclipse built in. Eclipse also has live traffic updates. The maps arent free but neither are tomtoms

Quote Originally Posted by Ski82 View Post
    I like that, looks nice and neat.
    May I ask how much that cost installed?
    I paid $850 for the deck, several hundred more for the GPS, $150 for the fascia, $100 for steering wheel controls, $120 for Bose translation cable

i installed it all myself

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post

Has anyone got a cost to update the maps on their in-built GPS? Probably not free.
    From what I can see (links below), an update isn't available yet for the Gen II. Mazda are apparently working on it with Whereis/Sensis. but no release date as yet.

Will most likely be about the same price as updates for other Mazda models (circa $295)

Whereis® | Buy Sat Nav Map Updates | Mazda - Sensis

http://www.ozmazdaclub.com/forums/el...html#post67628
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Quote Originally Posted by SIRMPS View Post
    Thanks Guys

I was looking at one of these Eonon D5102 | Car DVD | Specific Car DVD | Car DVD for Mazda 3 for my MPS but the thing is it doesnt have that piano black finish
    Thread bump

The one SirMPS linked is the unit which has caught my eye, can't find anything definitive on compatibility with the BOSE system though, so fired them off an email to find out what the story is. If it works without mucking around with translation cables or the like I'll grab one. I'm currently searching the net to see what the cheapest price out there is, funnily enough it seems to be the Australian distributor which is a nice change. $438.90 with free shipping.

Mazda 3 D5102 7 Inch Digital Screen Touch Screen

Most of the cheaper in dash units run their GPS off data and software contained on an SD card, and seem to be able to use iGo, TomTom, Route 66 etc software as the head unit is usually running WinCE. Pretty easy to get hold of and to get updates for those mapping packages, so not an issue at all.
    Last edited by TD; 22-04-2011 at 10:36 PM.

Looked at those ones, you can actually get them from the english distributor for US$399 with free freight.
    Disadvantage with them is that they do not support the OEM display screen.
    The climate control info and temperature display still works, but not the radio and CD info display.
    Personally i like everything to still work, so i just got one of these

MAZDA 3 7'' DVD PLAYER,800*480,GPS,,BLUETOOTH,USB,SD | eBay

Havn't had much time with it yet, but initial impressions are very positive.
    The display screen is fully functional, though I can't figure out how to set the clock. Was given instructions how, have to press the "mode" button to enter a menu, but there is no "mode" button. My idea now is that when power is disconected the clock resets itself to 1:00, so at 1pm i'm going to disconect power quickly and reset the clock.
    People i got it from said it was BOSE compatable and sent a wiring diagram on how to convert it. Made no sence to me, i asked the company about it and their reply was "makes no sence to me either"
    Figured out what had to be done, and i assume it will be the same for all stereos.
    There was a wire "P-cont" on the harness that was loose, that wire needed to be connected to the amp wire on the factory harness, alternatively, you would just need to connect the amp wire on the factory harness to power.
    The company has been informed how to do that now.
    Playing a DVD, the sound and picture is fantastic.
    The sound in general is as good, if not better than the OEM BOSE. I'm no audio expert, but it sounds better to me, but not saying its fantastic, i wouldn't know.
    The igo8 maps are really good, love the trip computer and speed screens. Though won't be able to hide my speed from passengers now.
    Havn't fiddled with the ipod connection yet (don't have ipod)
    Havn't fidlled with bluetooth yet either.
    Has a calculator and notebook, no idea why, but they are there, could be useful
    TV requires a seperate aerial
    You can use DVD while driving to keep the better half amused on cruises.
    Can use Satnav at the same time as music or DVD, it just mutes the sound.

Really, everything is as it should be, can't really complain as yet, excellent value for money. Every bit as good as the OEM unit dad just bought for the Golf (a $4500 factory option)
    Just need to get a anti glare screen protector

Nice unit. Wonder if you can connect a reverse camera?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast