User Tag List

Thread: Just installed a Mazda Alarm Upgrade

Default Just installed a Mazda Alarm Upgrade

Thought I would just let those interested in getting a genuine Mazda alarm upgrade for a Mazda6 1st gen (inc MPS) that there is a few kits going cheap on ebay.
    I bought one and it was brand new with everything you need including great instructions for DIY.

I installed it today and it works great!

Most of the kits are going for under $100

Got mine done from new paid a little more then $100 but it's all taxable for me

link plz or

BAN
    MAZDA 6 2005 TO 2008 FACTORY ALARM KIT, GENUINE, NEW! - eBay Car Alarms, Safety, Security, Car, Truck Parts, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 22-Sep-10 22:48:26 AEST)

Two sold for about $100 before I won mine, no one bid on the one I bought so you could imagine how cheap I got mine!!!

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MZSPD6 View Post
    Thought I would just let those interested in getting a genuine Mazda alarm upgrade for a Mazda6 1st gen (inc MPS) that there is a few kits going cheap on ebay.
    I bought one and it was brand new with everything you need including great instructions for DIY.

I installed it today and it works great!

Most of the kits are going for under $100
    Hey mate do you know if with your upgrade alarm your park lights activate when you disarm the car, or when the cars alarm has triggered the blinkers flick on and off?

I got a guy to install an upgrade alarm into my vehicle (Same guy i used for my last car) but this time indicators only seem to work in lock and unlock. In my last car i had park lights turn on for about 5 seconds when i unlocked the doors, and if the alarm was to go off both indicators and park lights would flicker.

Any idea?

Wait 2.5 yrs. then the alarm will go off intermittently or not turn on or off.

Hope you all soldered your wires to the ecu body control unit ones, and not use those vamp clamps they supply in the kit!!

Bumping and old thread

I installed mine well over a year ago, and only after one week it started to go off at random times.
    On the street, at work, even locked up inside my garage?!
    Anyone experienced this and can shed some light?

Its been disconnected ever since and i have some spare time coming up and this is on the to do list.

the thing is FAIL...

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by yodo View Post
    Bumping and old thread

I installed mine well over a year ago, and only after one week it started to go off at random times.
    On the street, at work, even locked up inside my garage?!
    Anyone experienced this and can shed some light?

Its been disconnected ever since and i have some spare time coming up and this is on the to do list.
    i've had the same issue a while back. the alarm mostly went off randomly at home in the garage. i got fed up with it, so i ended up disconnecting the thing. i left it for about a month, before deciding to reconnect it and its never happened since.