User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Loss of torque - ECU reflash?

I had the car dynoed at chiptorque just for the hell of it since I was down visting Jason from the southern state at chiptorque, but the the chip I have is a Haltech installed by Allstar Tuning who look after the Grand Prix Race car and when I showed richard he was a little shocked to find out that Mazda could even change it with how it was set up, anyhow's we will wait in the 1st week of the year and he will re dyno it on his dyno before the changes are done.... I will also bring it up with the boys in the pit when I'm down for the 12 hour race at Bathurst.....
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

Quote Originally Posted by mpsJOE View Post
    I'm in Sydney, can anyone give me a recommendation where to get it done, and what exactly you got done.

Contact CT for further info regarding the tune.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    Contact CT for further info regarding the tune.
    Already did, private messaged Leah who informed me that the flash isn't available in Sydney yet, possibly sometime next year. I'm not a fan of cutting wires or making holes etc... so the flash tune is the preferred option.

Quote Originally Posted by mpsJOE View Post
    Already did, private messaged Leah who informed me that the flash isn't available in Sydney yet, possibly sometime next year. I'm not a fan of cutting wires or making holes etc... so the flash tune is the preferred option.
    Same here, however going back through history and from what we have heard from other experiences, seems like the XEDE is been the more reliable option.
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    Same here, however going back through history and from what we have heard from other experiences, seems like the XEDE is been the more reliable option.
    I would suggest the XEDE and chiptorque flash are of a par with the flash having an edge over the xede.

If we're comparing XEDE to other branded flashes in the past then certainly the XEDE has the far better reputation.

The Standback is there with a plug and play harness if you want to avoid cutting wires, have a piggyback solution instead of a flash, and have someone (or self) to tune it. It apparently has a significant feature and resolution advantage over the xede. I think it is a matter of marketshare that weighs against the standback. It looks like a great product, but because the XEDE is more visible in the marketplace, XEDE gets the follow-up, and a lot of that has to do with chiptorque tuning more so than the XEDE itself.

I think I would go a standback for a piggyback with a reliable knowledgable tuner, but would prefer a chiptorque flash.

So what is involved with the xede? Has there been any issues with it to date?

From what I've read in the past, every time I mod the vehicle it has to be re-tuned to suit, is this correct? I might even go this option as it has been around for a while now and seems to have stood the test of time. Nothing like reliable power. Any advice on this thought?

After my meeting with the boys at Allstar Tuning this morning about Bathurst, I was telling him my problem with my engine light coming on and what Mazda did with it, so he plug his Gizmo in and found some edits and fixed it and picked up that it had overboosted which can happen at around 3000 to 4000rpm because I know that I don't reach the redline often, well in this case anyways .... So I have found some extra Torque this morning in 5 minute plug in and next Tuesday he will service it for the trip to bathurst in 2 weeks and make some additions and re tune it but first dyno it to compare to the last figures we had..... SO I DON'T KNOW WHAT MAZDA DID TO LOSE IT.....
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12