User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upgrades to my 07 MPS3

Default Upgrades to my 07 MPS3

hi all,

I've been quoted by a reputable organisation in canberra to install an Xede chip & dyno for $1550 & supply & install a 3 Inch exhaust from the 1st cat back for $1300. Does this sound like a resonable price...........Have had some good feed back from other mechanics.......

Doesn't sound like much dyno time... prolly drop in a stock tune...

But yeah it sounds pretty cheap. I know i'm sounding like a broken record, but I wouldn't go with a Xede.... just my 2 cents!

In regards to the Cat back, I would check out the CorkSports stuff, like 700 + install!

OK,

Sorry new to this site. Whats the prob with the Xede? Is the corksport stuff imported or local? Spoken to a few exhaust places & they have only used parts of the imported system.....The mufflers in general are very poor quality????

Lazydog is just a CPE/C.S fanboy

Corksport like majority of the aftermarket parts for the MPS is imported. Couldn't comment on the quality though.

Nothing wrong with the XEDE, has been proven time and time again and plenty of local support..

hey go checkout ultimate tunes in phillip.. they do a lot of stand alone ecu's. haltech, can evenget the haltech defender piggyback ecu. they do a good tune as well. could get a price off them as a check to see if it will be worth it you or not.

Dad just fitted a corksport exhaust to his 6 mps. The quality is exquisit.

Ok,

seems there's a varying degree of opinions.........

remotegt could you get me a price just to dbl check, that would be great...I'll look into the exhaust a little bit more thanks guys......

You guys changed the rear brake pads on the MPS3?

reason i ask is i changed mine the other day & just realised the rear piston needs to be wound back to insert the new pads..........and of course i didn't know this & tried to squeeze the piston using an F clamp. Got the passenger side poads on ok, but the driver side rear i had to grind the pad back a bit. Spoke to Belco mazda & they said it was more than likely i have damaged the thread in the calliper? any way to tell if this is the case aside from bringing it in to the shop?

8. Default

Chiptorque list the Xede install and tune at $1530. So it is possible.

Who makes the CBE? A custom CBE costs less than that. If it is a no name brand with no MPS experience it could have detrimental effects on performance.

I'm not a Corksport fan, but they have MPS experience. Also look at CPE and Cobb. They both do a CBE and can be sourced via MPSGarage.

The CPE unit that is on hundreds of cars costs $985 plus install. The CBE is an hour so its not more than $1100.

So $1300 for the unknown exhaust is too expensive.
    Last edited by Crusher_13; 09-12-2009 at 05:46 PM.

9. Default

yeah cbe for that much is too expensive. could nearly get a tbe for that. there is nothing wrong with custom jobs you dont have to by brand names its usally just easy for the exhaust shop to fit. and yes exde is proven time and time again to work. save a bit more coin get your self a 3''tbe and exde some sort of intake aswell. with a good tune should see you nagde 200kw. just my 2bobs worth

Hey Hama3 moved this to the ECU thread, better suited there

11. Default

well the poster did say that it is from the first cat back, meaning that its a cat back and a mid pipe that is being installed

so thats $277 (corksport mid pipe) on top of the $985 for the cpe cat back, assuming they fit, before fitting and delivery

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by kagerou View Post
    well the poster did say that it is from the first cat back, meaning that its a cat back and a mid pipe that is being installed

so thats $277 (corksport mid pipe) on top of the $985 for the cpe cat back, assuming they fit, before fitting and delivery
    True.

I'd still go CBE. Then a downpipe later.

And I would guess the CPE fits. It will be a little long but thats not hard to fix.

Has the place offering a quote been under the car to have a look?

No, they haven't had a look, though they have done a few MPS3's. The guys sound knowledgable. I suppose can be misleading too. I'll let you know how i go. Looks like i will have the work done in the new year. Thanks all for your imput..............

14. Default

Any news?

My car will be getting retuned soon at one of the places mentioned privately.

I just need to contact them again and wait for the arrival of my new goodies.

Hi Crusher_13

I decided to purchase 2XS old CES TBE for a reasonable price. I think i will then install a SRI & the Ezy Flash when chiptorque get sorted. Hopefully early this year. I spoke to the guys @ phillip tune Christian & he reccommended the haltech system?????

Haltech systems are great ! Just make sure you have a tuner in mind

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by LILZLR View Post
    Haltech systems are great ! Just make sure you have a tuner in mind
    That would be Christian at Phillip...

Yes It would,

He is the man..........

he speaks another language....

Well if you have a tuner, than bite the bullet and hold on

good luck!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast