User Tag List

Thread: Using iPod and Phone with bluetooth GenII

1. Default Using iPod and Phone with bluetooth GenII

Hey guys,

Not sure what's going on here, but I've got a Samsung Galaxy S4 as my phone and I've got all my music loaded onto an iPod touch. I linked my phone to the stereo via bluetooth and had no dramas. It made calls, answered calls, everything worked as it should.

But then when I connected the iPod, all my music works fine, but when I get a phone call I still have to pick up the actual phone and I can't press the "speak" button on the steering wheel and make a call or anything. I looked on my phone and it still says that it's paired but it doesn't work for some weird reason with the iPod.

The company I work for uses Camry's as work cars and the bluetooth in mine works as I thought it would. iPod plays the music and if I get a phone call, the music stops and the phone rings through the stereo, I answer the phone and talk just as you would expect it to work. I'm confused as to why the Mazda won't work like this.

Not sure if the Mazda's just can't use a phone and an iPod together or what? Anyone know?

You can only have one bluetooth device connected at any one time on the Mazda, you can store more than one device but only one can be selected.

3. Default

Well isn't that dumb lol. Bit of a shame that a cheapo, bottom of the range Camry can do it but the top of the range Mazda3 can't.

Sorry in advance about the size of the screenshot, but have you tried turning the media function off on the S4? Just leave it on phone options.

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

Quote Originally Posted by RUMBLZ View Post
    Well isn't that dumb lol. Bit of a shame that a cheapo, bottom of the range Camry can do it but the top of the range Mazda3 can't.
    Its the same in my friends CJ lancer.
    My Baby 2005 Mazda6 MPS Dark Purple

Mods|Corksport SRI+Airbox|Corksport TIP|CP-e REM|JBR EngineMounts 80A|20% Tint|Autometer Cobalt Series Gauges (Boost & Water Temp & Oil Pressure)

Ordered|Corksport TMIC|Cobb AP|