User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Installing a radar detector

1. Default

*sigh* my cruddy old tablet doesnt like me posting on this messageboard apparantly...

To continue my post.... I understnd its primarily the poliscan deal we have to content with here in WA now. Novas are gone, fixed are fixed and not detectable, laser handhelds are pretty rare? and other than jam not much u can do.
    Im in the market for a system...prefer to build it in to avoid being hassled by the law for owning an apparntly still legal(wasnt sure b4 i read this, lots of misinformation out there) product! As someone else said, Im no hoon either, but i refuse to be exploited and milked dry by the banksters and the army of faithful minions who dutifully enforce the doctrine they were taught and cast judgement upon the behaviour of others, tack a dollar figure to it and demand payment. The hijacking of our "road safety legislation" by the profiteers and revenue raisers is the most obvious example of corruption within our society. The most astounding level of hypocrisy is present when untill relativly recently mobile phone use whilst driving was legal, hell driving on the right lane of a highway under the limit is STILL legal and yet 10km over will get u slugged with a fine. When the most basic levels of courtesy, attentiveness, knowledge and training are absent from our society in relation to motor vehices and transport in general, I find it a bit rich that the ONLY thing we can do to adress road safety issues is to fine speeders?
    Get bent, if you were serious about this there are ll kinds of issues to address which would cost very little and have a massive effect on public safety.
    Last edited by rocker21; 20-01-2014 at 04:52 AM.

Dam in the eastern states crack dealers get treated better than RD owners

Sorry ROCKER, I can't answer that with any authority. Certainly in urban areas it is all Poliscan now by the side of the road shooting both ways from tripods or in the back of vans and they scan and distinguish between multiple lanes. A few Multanovas have been sent to rural roads. I spotted one in Bunbury a while back but the passed a Poliscan on the next trip. They mat have upgraded. The police cars have instant-on systems with no carrier wave but I can't say if it is a Laser or Microwave system now as it has been so long since I have encountered one. Last one I ran into was a Microwave. With handheld laser if you get the signal you've already been hit. They require jamming technology, which of course as an honest law-abiding driver I cannot possibly recommend.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12