User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HID Lights.

Your easiest option is to upgrade your standard bulbs to a higher rating, I got Phillips diamond vision bulbs(5000k) for my Honda accord, very blue but quite poor light quality.... Will look good but won't perform as good as HID's.
    Plenty other bulbs available
    You need a ballast kit to run genuine HID's unfortunately

What Kev said above, although I find by upgrading to a crystal vision (or diamond) white/blue standard bulb, the light is pretty average (2nd to what Kev said). It's mainly just for show. HID's are for show, but also much better in terms of illumination.
    Kits are usually pretty cheap off ebay should you want to convert to HID. In the 6MPS, HID's come standard in both series....it's just a matter of swapping out the bulb to a higher K rating. I wouldn't go above 8000K though

just a note on the higher kelvin (bluer light) bulbs, they will perform worse in terms of lumens as the kelvins increase. also if you do a lot of night driving its best to stick with 4300k as it has the most amount of light + eyes won't get tired. Also the bluer the light, the harder it is to see in the rain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12