User Tag List

Thread: 2011 Bluetooth problem

1. Default 2011 Bluetooth problem

I have a question regarding bluetooth connectivity.Does the system have a "auto select" feature.By this I mean will it (or should it) automatically select the first phone that enters the car? If there are 2 phones paired,the phone that was used last will always be seen first (via the bluetooth) until the second phone recieves an incoming call and then it remains seen until the first phone is back in the car and receives a call.Or is it only possible to switch between the 2 phones by going into the Settings and manually selecting (for different drivers) which phone is seen? I had a 2008 Mazda 6 Luxury Sports with bluetooth that automatically recognised and answered either phone.

Interesting question. Not something I've tried though. Will be interested to see if anyone has done this before.

3. Default

Picture this,if you can. The car is in the garage.I was the last person to drive it,so my phone was the last paired.The next morning my wife gets in to go to work.Starts the car and the bluetooth still pairs with my phone (which is upstairs some 15 metres away) instead of pairing with her phone which is on her body.Why? The bluetooth does not search for any other phone besides the last one paired.

Quote Originally Posted by specbuild View Post
    Picture this,if you can. The car is in the garage.I was the last person to drive it,so my phone was the last paired.The next morning my wife gets in to go to work.Starts the car and the bluetooth still pairs with my phone (which is upstairs some 15 metres away) instead of pairing with her phone which is on her body.Why? The bluetooth does not search for any other phone besides the last one paired.
    Hope im understanding this right: I don't think it can tell which one is closest, i.e. it saw both phones as being within Bluetooth range, thus connected to your phone as that was the last one paired. What happened when she drove out of range of your phone, did it then reconnect to hers?

I didnt think it could register multiple phones, so if the one that's not connected rings, I thought you would just have to answer it separately. I'll be suprised it it can reconnect to another phone in irder to answer a call.

Sent from my evil apple using TapaCrash
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

5. Default

It will automatically connect to my wifes phone only when she receives a call.Having spoken to Mazda this morning,the issue has been solved.There is no auto select feature available,you need to physically select (Settings-select phone)which phone you want to be connected.Thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by specbuild View Post
    It will automatically connect to my wifes phone only when she receives a call.Having spoken to Mazda this morning,the issue has been solved.There is no auto select feature available,you need to physically select (Settings-select phone)which phone you want to be connected.Thanks anyway.
    Bugger.

They probably figure the average MPS driver won't want to share their ride with anyone

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now