User Tag List

Thread: Cp-e X-cel CAI - Black, with extra bits.

Default Cp-e X-cel CAI - Black, with extra bits.

Item: CP-E X-cel CAI (Black) + Extras
    specific details available here: MazdaSPEED3 Xcel

Item Condition: Used, tiniest dent from shifter weight, no effect on performance, or looks

Reason for selling: Changing intake

Price and price conditions: $300

Extra Bits:
    Comes with the following items
    -Instructions + all mounting hardware

-Main filter: 3a racing pod filter (winner of the air filter shootout, see attached PDF)

-Spare filter: K&N pod filter, this has a few small knocks in the filter mesh (nothing that would affect filtration), still perfectly functional, great to have as a backup when cleaning the main filter.

Adapters:
    -3” -> 2.5” silicone adapter, this is used for mating the CAI up to the stock or Cobb TIP
    -3” -> 3” silicone adapter, this is used for mating the CAI up to the CPE Nviscid 3” TIP

-CP-E Hydroshield filter sock, this allows even greater filtration and protection against moisture.

-Heat / Splash shield: this can be positioned to avoid any splashes entering the inner fender area from the wheel arch vent, also creates additional heat shielding from the engine bay.

Pictures:
    Some generic pics + dyno chart from cp-e’s website below, other pics to follow shortly as intake is still on the car

Delivery: Pickup is available from "The Shire" or Silverwater, postage available as buyers expense, if items are posted I am not responsible for items once in transit, I recommend using registered post.

PM me if you have any questions, a lot of people query the whole CAI and puddle thing, its the never ending debate, I can honestly say I have never had any issues driving through heavy rain, or puddles with the CAI installed, if you take a common sense approach you wont have any issues i.e avoid river crossings in your MPS.

This has been fitted to a Gen 1, however I believe this is compatible with both generations.

Pic of the basic kit:

Pic of cp-e’s horsepower dyno

Pic of cp-e’s torque dyno

Last edited by MattMPS3; 21-12-2010 at 02:41 PM.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Pic of componenets as promised,

Im interested, only if it fits the Gen II.. Dont want to sound stupid- but this wont require anything special on a stock standard car to work? Old intake off- new one on job?

I have every reason to believe it will fit the Gen2 without any issues, MPS garage and many of the overseas vendors list the same part number for both generations, also the pics on cp-e's website are identical.
    Yes it is as simple as remove airbox, bolt in CAI, start car and enjoy added sounds and performance, no tuning is required as the MAF housing diameter is the same as stock.

I realise that this is a long shot- but Im pretty spent over this X-Mas holidays- so would you be willing to hold it for me? Or something

The Gen 1 Cp-E CAI fits the Gen 2, im living proof.

Thanks for the confirmation

8. Default

ill buy it off you for 300 cash

where abouts in NSW are you?

I may be able to come pick it up as soon as possible

let me know

Savvy has unfortunately had to pull out of the sale,

This would make a great xmas pressy for your car, especially with the hotter weather setting in.

Price drop - $300.

Sold !!