User Tag List

Thread: 6mps or 3mps engine

Default 6mps or 3mps engine

**** Found one in Brisbane, thanks for the advice people, it's got only 45,000kms on it!*** Should be back on the road in a week.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________

I am looking for an engine for a 6 mps. I need at least the bottom end of the motor.

I understand that the 3mps motor will go in once I remove the gearbox. I'm not sure if anything else needs to be changed to fit into the 6 but let me know anyway and we can have a look.

I'm in Brisbane, however I am willing to ship the engine at my expense if the right engine is found.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by Penguin740; 10-01-2013 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Engine found
    Red '05 6MPS.

What happened with your motor?
    Cheers Todd

Default Re: 6mps or 3mps engine

The piston went through the side of the block for no particular reason. I was just crusing down hill at 55kph and the car made a grinding noise and stopped. No warning at all. Its pretty strange but all I can do is put in a new motor and get on with life. I may need to sell some of the performance parts on the car to pay the mechanics bill. Thanks for the link, it seems these engines are about 6k unless it has no history in which case you can pick one up for 3k.

Red '05 6MPS.

ouch @ VTA'ed piston
    Good luck with the search for a block...
    how much of current one is salvageable? head ok?

Did you find out about the one from Total Parts Plus @ Moorooka?

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    ouch @ VTA'ed piston
    Good luck with the search for a block...
    how much of current one is salvageable? head ok?
    If it's just the hole in the block, the head would be OK.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

I was there before Christmas. That car got ebayed, worth a shot though.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

They wanted 6k for that engine as well.
    Spoke to them about it..

Bottom end from states?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin740 View Post
    The piston went through the side of the block for no particular reason. I was just crusing down hill at 55kph and the car made a grinding noise and stopped. No warning at all. Its pretty strange but all I can do is put in a new motor and get on with life. I may need to sell some of the performance parts on the car to pay the mechanics bill. Thanks for the link, it seems these engines are about 6k unless it has no history in which case you can pick one up for 3k.

Damn that sucks, i'm a bit nervous now. How many kms on the motor?
    Cheers Todd
    Last edited by 70DDD; 10-01-2013 at 06:22 AM.

They wanted 6k for the engine at Total Parts. I've found one undamaged with only 45,000kms on the clock. It's like a new blood infusion!

I had 150,000kms on the clock (I was 1 day away from getting it serviced) with not a moments trouble. Really strange, even the mechanics are a little puzzled. They can't wait to rip the motor open and see if they can tell where or why it failed. They were quite amazed when I said that I was just cruising with the foot off the accellerator, I haven't driven my car hard for years really.

Luckily the remainder of the engine and car is fine, it hasn't damaged anything else as far as the mechanics can see. They have mostly stripped the outside of the engine bay at the moment. There is a hole about the size of 2x 20c peices long in the side of the bottom part of the block near the crank shaft.

By the way, I can recommend APC performance at Slacks Creek if anyone is after a good mechanic. Quality work.
    Red '05 6MPS.

Hey mate
    Hope this helps out.
    eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

I had a few more links with motors for 1st gen MPS 6 but i have deleted or lost'em.

Thanks for the link. I did see this but I am concerned about the cost of transport and then buying an engine sight unseen. The advantage of buying an engine in the car still is that my mechanic can start it and do normal engine checkes like compression test to at least know if the engine is ok or not. The one I am buying has this advantage.