User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MPS 3 / GT Wheels

Just putting it out there that he accepted an offer from me as well. Haven't heard from him since.

I don't care that he sold them to someone else but have the decency to say so!

Default MPS 3 / GT Wheels

Lovely
    I hope I don't see @CharlieDay on here again

We all contribute to the community is some way, shape or form

But there will always people that take advantage of others

Peter "SLIXX"

@slixx - Dafaq is going on?

----
    Last edited by slixx; 18-01-2013 at 09:34 AM.

Default Re: MPS 3 / GT Wheels

I think it is Charlie's last day...

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

STOP.....Hammer time !

STOP....in the name of love...too far?

since when did this become kareoke

Hey guys, sorry for the absence, I got assaulted on Wednesday and although I did check the forums I was only on to stay in touch with Murray. I'd spent the majority of the past 2 days in bed.
    Apologies to both Mpsed and naddis, I decided to sell them to Andre because he was local and ready to buy now. I showed interest in your offers but never did I follow up with accepting deposits. Sorry again, I really didn't mean to leave you guys hanging.

Good to receive all the facts re your situation @CharlieDay & hope you're recovering from your nasty incident. Sorry to hear the other members missed out on this fab deal but there will be more opportunity to purchase these great wheels again soon no doubt!

I just want to add that I didn't take advantage of anyone and I'm sorry if it came across that way. I admit I was irresponsible for not keeping everyone informed.
    This all happened in the span of three days.
    Naddis offered to purchase them and was exploring courier options.
    MPSed offered to pick them up at the end of the month.
    Andre offered to pick them up immediately.

Default Re: MPS 3 / GT Wheels

Hmmm. Generally if someone offers the price you ask for, you should allow them a grace period to get there logistics sorted.

The fact you went all lazy and just went with the 3rd guy who came along who was closer is really disappointing. I would be pissed.

I'm really sorry to here about your injuries, this wheel discussion pales in comparison to what you have been through. Good luck with your recovery.

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

Look guys, to be fair to Charlie here, he can sell to whomever he likes.
    It may not be the right way to go about it but at the end of the day, if all he has to rely on is someone's word and potentially miss a definite sale while waiting, then there's not much security for him.
    By the sounds of it, he may not have communicated the best, for whatever reason/s, but Im sure he will rectify this for next time.

Lesson learnt, if you want to buy something but need time to sort out some finer details, get in quick and pay a deposit for the seller to hold the item for you.
    I did exactly this and Charlie has been more than accommodating for me and very very patient, to which I thank him very much. Ive never come across a better seller through this forum.

To those who missed out, while it may be frustrating to miss out on something you have been waiting awhile for, keep an eye out, there could be more just around the corner...

Muz
    MAZDA 2 DE GENKI
    PEDDERS SportsRyder lowered | KUMHO KU39 LeSport | OPAL Corsa 17" alloys
    CORKSPORT Short Shift plate, F&R strut brace, SRI & air duct | CUSTOM exhaust

I would have paid the whole amount of my offer if I got any replies but wasn't given the opportunity.

Anyway I'm not crying over spilt milk. I honestly don't mind that he sold them to someone else but it would have been nice to get a "sorry I have sold them to someone else". It takes 10 seconds and he was obviously able to send PM's to you Muz and YLDCRD.

Charlie Day, good luck to you. I hope you feel better soon.
    Last edited by naddis01; 18-01-2013 at 06:35 PM.

I tend to agree with Brad on this matter, if the first party to show interest had genuinely agreed to purchase, and was of the belief that he had secured the wheels, while he was arranging courier quotes in the interim, then it is unfair to sell them to a more convenient buyer, I also agree in part that @CharlieDay can sell his stuff to whomever he chooses, but its these types of actions the leave a bad taste in the mouths of the members of this forum. Im sure that @MUZZA would be equally pissed off if the RX8 GT rims were sold from under his nose after being led to believe that he had secured the deal.
    From my personal experience I will take the first offer to buy, and any others that come in after that are placed in the order of contact, a quick PM along the lines of

"Hi, I have another interested party on the item, as they were first to message me I feel I should give them the first opportunity to buy said item, would you like to hold out and if the original buyer falls through I will PM you"

My point being that this is not ebay, or gumtree, your words and actions on this forum are what other members use to form their opinion of you as a person, and not just some random sale.

BTW @CharlieDay using a different login account will not clear the slate, are these the same wheels you were selling under the XRCrazy login you have been using as well ?, that thread was closed due to your lack of response to members queries.

If anyone feels the need to discuss this matter further please PM me.

Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123