User Tag List

Thread: WTB 6 MPS Transfer Case

Default WTB 6 MPS Transfer Case

Smashed my transfer case in my 6 today so i'm chasing a replacement. Located on the Gold Coast. If anyone has or knows someone that has one please pm me.
    Cheers

Allmaz in Melbourne had at least one 6 they were wrecking when I was looking for clutch bits...

Not local I realise, but you may find you have very limited options...

[edit] how close is our transfer case to the one from a CX-7? [/edit]

Chris.
    Last edited by Victa; 03-04-2012 at 07:35 AM.

What I'd like to know is how did this occur?

bump. @ Doug_MPS6, big launch and cracked the case.

unlucky, shit i thought it was just the diff braces/mount that were susceptible to breakage on launches...

Yea its not good. Will find out tomorrow if the case can be repaired, but until then i'm gonna keep searching for a replacement.

What have you actually broken on it?
    Pics?

Nothing internaly is damaged, i guess the case just fractured under the stress of too many hard launches. I have been informed by my gearbox shop that the case is repairable. No pics of the damage sorry, didnt waste any time getting it to the gearbox ahop. Will chuck up a pic of the repair.

turns out the case is scrap, so im still looking for a new transfer case.

BUMP. Still looking for a replacement transfer case. If anyone knows someone that is wrecking a mps6 or has a transfer case for sale please let me know. Will pay for transport.

Look on Ebay US mate. Lots and lots of 6's being wrecked.

there one on ebay in the states thats the only one i know of for sale the cx7 turbo's transfer case is exactly the same as the 6's same as the gbox and motor.
    on another note the transfer case on our cars can handle up to 1200hp.
    Get a whole mount kit so it doesn't happen again awr and turbine tech

i was wondering if the cx7 had the same transfer case, are you 100% sure its the same?

Quote Originally Posted by mrmatty View Post
    i was wondering if the cx7 had the same transfer case, are you 100% sure its the same?
    im about 95% certain but only the turbo sport model as it use's the exact same drive line the only difference maybe where it bolts up but i doubt it anyway a quick check with a mazda dealer should clear this up if not i can ask one of my wrecker mate's if the part no.'s cross-reference over he has the program on his computer
    05 VR 6 MPS LUXURY - WHATS STOCK????
    Winner of Most modified @ Smokeys car meet
    UP an coming events: Winton Track day 17th December

Remember pay by the 16th of November and get free lunch and drinks on day
    Next install: New Head, ARP Studs, Upgraded VVT, BSD, Mazdaspeed Coil Cover, Injector seals + studs

I have a browse around on the net for some more info on this last night, apparently they are the same, but you need to swap the tail shaft pinions over.

there we go answered there's a few more of them around then the 6's i've seen about 15 in my local area