VersaTune

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OzMPSclub: Looking for a new owner

armthehomeless is offline Rollin deep in a Lincoln

Exclamation OzMPSclub: Looking for a new owner

It's been 8 years since OzMPSclub opened it's forum to a growing, yet very close-nit community of MPS and non-MPS owners. We were born from Ozmazdaclub (which seems to have drifted off into the badlands. Their site now re-directs to a spammy page). From it, we have come from nothing to 17,761 threads, 295,244 posts and 6,513 members.

But things have stalled. We haven't been able to put in the time to continue to grow the site. We have simply coasted along, keeping up with maintenance and administration to ensure that all the wealth of information doesn't just disappear, like it did from Ozmazdaclub. Life gets in the way, and other things take priority from myself, Justin and Doug who jointly own this site.

So it's time to pass the torch to somebody else who can take the site through the next stage of it's life. Someone who can really invest the time needed to keep it running well and grow into something else.

If you are interested in hearing more about it, please email me at rowan@ozmpsclub.com with a brief rundown of WHY you are interested, and what you think you can bring to the table.

Regards,

Rowan, Justin & Doug
    2014 Mk7 Golf R | DSG | Reflex Silver | Leather | Drive Assist | Bi-Xenon Headlights
    1981 Lincoln Town Car | Auto | 80s Cream | 90s brown interior | 5.0L V8 | Currently no working headlights

Dog
    Dog is offline Senior Member

Wow. Bit sad if this goes nowhere guys.
    Im only a newbie and have very limited knowlege at this point in time.
    It would be terrible to let this all go.
    Fingers crossed someone picks up the batton and runs with it.
    Especially with the potential for renewed interest with the new model looming etc.....and newbies like myself eager for info on their older model.

armthehomeless is offline Rollin deep in a Lincoln

We have no intention of closing the site if we can't find a suitable New owner

MPS00M is offline Senior Member

Well, that's great news. Whilst the whole ownership thing isn't really my bag, I'm happy to provide some administrative assistance if the need arises.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Dr. Teeth is offline Forum Addict

That's some sad news indeed, but admit that running a website such as this would be a taxing venture.

Best of luck finding someone to pass the baton to.

Reedy is offline I'LL DRILL IT INTO YA!

The issue is that the very format of online forums has been eroded by other forms of social media. Instagram and Facebook etc.

What this site does well is keep a searchable record of knowledge and experience, whereas a facebook group is better for day to day social interaction. There is room for both, but it does take a lot of traffic away from the traditional forum format.

It's a price of progress where older models get replaced with new ones. Facebook themselves have an internal motto that if they don't invent the next facebook then someone else will. People could put more and more effort into maintaining the community and website but at the end of the day it's like trying to promote old technology.

Byrd is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Especially with the potential for renewed interest with the new model looming etc.....and newbies like myself eager for info on their older model.
    Hate to say it, but its quite clear a new MPS isn't on the horizon at the moment ... if it was, this place would be pumping.

new mazda mps

Hope you can find a new owner. I prefer forums over facebook, and always come here for information which I trust much more from other MPS sites.

JB

Dog
    Dog is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    Hate to say it, but its quite clear a new MPS isn't on the horizon at the moment ... if it was, this place would be pumping.

new mazda mps

JB
    Its odd that you say that Byrd.......I was on hold to Mazda in Brighton (Vic) and heard on their recorded message the statement that among their new models is the new MPS 3......
    I went one step further and spoke to one of the new car salesmen (pretty sure his name is Carlo or Carlos) and he confirmed it. I asked what details he could give re it, and all he could tell me was that he thought it was an all wheel drive from something he had read on a forum. Clearly not reliable; but mazda openly advertising it on their phone system, and his confirmation is good enough for me.
    Im just waiting for him to obtain more info and fill my inbox with it!

Charlismith1 is offline New Member

Hi guys welcome and thank you for visit here.

Reeve is offline Senior Member

we're getting off-topic here, but Mazda has repeatedly and publicly stated that there is no R&D on MPS models happening, nor any plans for future R&D. They want to focus on their core models to stabilise their position in the market. I wouldn't expect to see another performance car from them for another 3+ years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast